Hoffman Borah Review

This is a very preliminary review that I will update periodically. I took advantage of the recent Hoffman’s sale and ordered a pair of Borahs. These are replacing a pair of Hoffman Summits.

I wore these around the house for a couple of days then put them to work in the field. Break in has been very fast and after five days in the field they are very much broken in.

Flexibility: surprisingly flexible. I wear Salomon 4D every day for work. I think there are slightly more flexible than the Salomon.

Tread/outsole: very good tread depth and design. Lateral traction is good for as flexible as these are.

Fit: these are just about identical in fit to my Explorers. The Summit had a slightly narrower toe box and lace design that gave me some issues at times. These are much better for my feet.

One thing I like about the Hoffman’s is the volume of the toe box is greater than a similar Schnee’s boot.

Build quality: these design is well thought out. It appears the rand covers all vulnerable wear points in the heel cup. These leather quality appears very good, and appears to be lighter and more flexible than that used on the Explorer.

IMG_1501.jpeg