Hipbelt Pockets

Looking for suggestions for some lightweight hipbelt pockets to fit on a Kifaru hipbelt/Molle. I'm not planning to blow 100$ on the kifaru ones. I had planned to get zimmerbuilt to custom make me some in Xpac but haven't been able to get in touch with him. Seeing if anyone has any other ideas. Looking for something in Xpac around 7x5x2" give or take

Wacko

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe not what you are thinking...but how about some mil surplus pocket / pouches?

Just an idea...there are many more...

OP
Ferrulewax
Maybe not what you are thinking...but how about some mil surplus pocket / pouches?

Just an idea...there are many more...
I’m just not looking for the weight of a cordura pocket. Looking for a simpler lighter solution. I would also prefer a more streamlined attachment than molle- but not mandatory. (slik clips or kifaru style sliders)

PVS

FNG
I've got a SO pack with one of their pockets. I'm relatively happy with the pocket but wish they'd ditch the waterproof double zip. I have to use both hands to open and close it and when I'm out in heavy rain the pocket still fills with water. If I could design my own I'd have a single standard zip with a drain hole in the bottom of the pocket and I'd just accept that whatever is in there will get wet. If your pack doesn't have the MOLLE webbing stitched in the the SO pocket won't work either.

krohboy

WKR
Marsupial gear pouches work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I've got a SO pack with one of their pockets. I'm relatively happy with the pocket but wish they'd ditch the waterproof double zip. I have to use both hands to open and close it and when I'm out in heavy rain the pocket still fills with water. If I could design my own I'd have a single standard zip with a drain hole in the bottom of the pocket and I'd just accept that whatever is in there will get wet. If your pack doesn't have the MOLLE webbing stitched in the the SO pocket won't work either.

Call them, there's something wrong with your zipper. Ours open easy and are water tight when zipped.

prm

WKR
Which Kifaru pocket would you want? Price notwithstanding. Pick one up used. Which color? I have a few in Ranger green (Small and med belt pouch and a gen 2 mini belt pouch).

OP
Ferrulewax
Which Kifaru pocket would you want? Price notwithstanding. Pick one up used. Which color? I have a few in Ranger green (Small and med belt pouch and a gen 2 mini belt pouch).
I finally got in touch with Zimmerbuilt so I’m going to go that direction. I appreciate it!

Reactions: prm

Krumfola

FNG
Have you looked into some of the pouches used by saddle hunters? They always seems to have really lightweight options and several smallish vendors/startups are making gear.

Mpw20

FNG
Thanks for the marsupial link. I have hill people gear but couldn’t find a bird bag option. Much appreciated

OP
Ferrulewax
Have you looked into some of the pouches used by saddle hunters? They always seems to have really lightweight options and several smallish vendors/startups are making gear.
I have not, good option though. I ended up getting the zimmerbuilt pockets. Not a *perfect* fit, but should work just fine. If I had a larger hip belt with one more column of molle it would be great. Thanks everyone!

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Marsupial gear pouches work great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grabbed a pair of these for my mystery ranch pack. They’re larger than the MR pockets, lighter, and just overall much nicer with the overstuff fabric. thanks.

dtrkyman

WKR
I bought a 2 pack on Amazon, came in multi cam, pretty basic but do have a dual zipper and Molle attachments. I transfer them from different set ups all the time.

ChrisAU

WKR
x2 for the Marsupial pouches. Love the stretch pouches, but don’t overlook the shotgun shell pouches. That’s what I’ll be using this fall, I like the structure of them.