Hilleberg Tents

Hello, I have decided to upgrade my backpack tent. I have settled on the hilleberg brand due to the durability of them. I live and hunt mostly in AZ, but also hunt Idaho and Nevada. I am in between a few of their models and was hoping for some feedback. I would like either a one person or two person tent. I like the all season capability of the akto but worried the head height would be an issue. I like the anaris but worry about the mesh doors being too cold or drafty in fall hunts. Does anyone have the anaris and can provide feedback on using it? I have also considered the anjan or nallo would like to gather more information on the anaris if possible. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Don't have the Anaris, but have used the Akto for over 5 years. It is a great tent and can be configured in many different setups from a straight mesh for summer time bugs, to single wall, double wall, floor less etc. It is a little small if you are a bigger guy. I am 6ft and if I were any taller It would be tight when setup with the double wall. Overall I really like the Akto.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I don’t have the ones you are asking about but I’ve used an allak for about 5 years now. It’s heavy but absolutely bombproof. I’ve had it out in some complete blowdowns and this past winter I camped with it out in a completely exposed area in high winds and it did great.

Hille Soulo is a great choice for one person and minimal gear, vestibule is pretty small. Niak is also worth a look.

Nallo and Anjan are a pain to enter and exit, I don't care for them but many really like them.

schmalzy

WKR
I used an Akto in AK. I traded it for a Soulo. Akto worked great other than when we got snow. It wasn’t compromised and was fine I just wanted something with a better snowloading capability.

I’m 5’11 and was able to set up inside the Akto just fine. Trimmed down it was pretty light all things considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the Anaris, but I have used a tarptent stratospire 2 li which is another trekking pole tent. While it was nice and light I did worry about it's stormworthiness above tree line.
I've used an Akto for a lot of years. I had to sit out a storm for 2 days a couple of seasons ago and found it a bit coffin-like for that amount of time. It's also not the best for dealing with snowloading. At the same time that tent has shrugged off some brutal wind and rain. For sheep hunting I ended up switching to a Niak. I've used a Nallo 2Gt guiding and also have an Anjan 3Gt for when I'm camping with the girlfriend and our dog. I do love the GT vestibule, it's great for spacing your gear out and waiting out any bad weather.