HHA Tetra Sight Tape Font Size

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Just picked up my RX7 Ultra. Had it assembled with an HHA Tetra single pin sight. All good right?
On my RX5 Ultra I have a Spot Hogg 7 pin fixed sight. Super easy.

My problem, which I'd given zero thought to previously, is that I can't read the damn sight tape. I've worn readers for a few years now and had fixed bow sights for years so it's not a scenario I was accustomed to addressing.

The Tetra has the little magnification window which is certainly a help, but my thoughts have me wondering how it might slow me down in a hunting scenario (rain, dirt, low light, nerves etc) when time is of the essence and I'm trying to read the numbers.

On the one hand I can print out a sight tape with larger font but then I lose a degree of micro adjustment for a specific yardage. Option 2 (which I personally love but my wife lol's at) is to get monocle. Yes, a monocle. Teddy Roosevelt style. 19th century style. Hangs around my neck, easy to quickly deploy and drops out of the way easily when necessary.

While cool AF and probably I would herald a new age of alpha optic pleasure - in the field, at weddings, at work, on date night... A monocle isn't the best solution. Moreover, for all you guys in 20's & 30's out there snickering over the degradation of eyesight, your day is coming! The cliche is quite apt here. I used to have eagle eyes and could spot a tick jumping to an elk at a 1000 yards while turned 180 degrees away from it all.

As an aside, I'm liking the rx7 quite a bit so far. For 2022 hunting I'll be carrying the rx5 as it's a known shooter and I'm squared away with it whereas I'm still acclimating myself to the 7. In other words, time is on my side to remedy the matter.

Please opine!

Pretty common to just look thru binoculars backwards to view your scale.

I wouldn't want to use it in a hunting situation, maybe some high visibility colored marks that are just quick references.

BigSky

WKR
I wouldn't want to use it in a hunting situation, maybe some high visibility colored marks that are just quick references.
This would probably be a good idea. Heck, you could even just use two high visibility colors and alternate. Then, it would just be similar to navigating your way through a multi alternating color fixed 5 or 7 pin sight.