Hey everyone... I recognize a few!

Just thought I would throw an introduction out there (I didn't see an introduction thread anywhere...) as I recognize a few people on here and have gone by different screen names on a few other websites. I've been known on hunting sites as either "MichaelJ", "DyinQuivers", or "HellsCanyon".

My name is Mike and I live in Eastern WA. Been hunting for the last 12 years though have only really begun to be consistently successful the last 3-4 years or so. Live for chasing muleys and will use any of the three weapon systems but archery is my favorite.

In an ever increasingly expensive quest to lighten my gear and improve my time afield, I was turned onto this site by LittleBuf and really appreciate the mood I'm seeing here, and having access to some great names and people in the industry!

I'm in the process of starting my own business which should hopefully launch next week or shortly there after which is exciting, and nerve racking at the same time. Definitely not sure how much time I'll have this fall but I'll make a couple weekend power hunts if I have to.

Looking to hunt ID muleys/elk this year as well as a possible WA archery high country hunt. Lot of things up in the air at the moment but I'm also waiting for next year or the year after to go hunt the Colorado high country (I have 2 points after the 2012 draws).

I've recently ordered a new Kifaru T1 and hope to either build my own floorless silnylon shelter for this year with stove jack, or to buy an existing shelter and modify it myself. Picked up the new Kenetreks this year as well which I'm loving the more they get broken in.
Looking forward to being on here!

Thanks
Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Ryan, back at ya thanks!

Yes the business is fire-arms related... not so much hunting but it is very similar. Business is called Hells Canyon Armory and my website should be up and functional hopefully next week. Talking with Ryan about site sponsorship possibly so if that goes through you guys will definitely hear more about it!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, always nice to be around like minded (IE: 'mostly' normal) hunters out there!

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
Wenatchee... but trying to relocate the business to Lewiston ID as soon as possible! Went to school and graduated from U of Idaho in Moscow and played/hunted a ot along the breaks of the snake and surrounding areas!

Mike

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wenatchee... but trying to relocate the business to Lewiston ID as soon as possible! Went to school and graduated from U of Idaho in Moscow and played/hunted a ot along the breaks of the snake and surrounding areas!

Mike

Right on, Good luck with the business!

Brock