Henderson Nevada???

Rocky723

FNG
I lived in Las Vegas for 13 years and Henderson will be a fabulous area for you if you're looking to do anything outdoors. There is plenty to do. I'm not sure about any of the ranges around there but there is plenty of desert shooting that you can get out to some pretty long distances. On the northwest side of Vegas past the prisons headed towards the mountains they have a designated shooting area, Henderson may have something similar to that they may not just have to ask around and look it up. For mountain biking there are so many trails in the surrounding hills/mountains for any skill level just download one of the apps or do some research on what kind of trails are local to you. As far as hunting goes if you get a tag you will be loving life as the hunting in some areas is phenomenal. The problem is getting the tag. Depending on if you put in for the more limited draws or not you could expect to draw a tag every 3-6 years for deer I can't remember how long it usually took for elk or antelope. There is also a fair share of coyote and rabbit and upland bird hunting if you're into that. One of the other things that is often overlooked is the water sports/activities. Lake Mead is only 30-45 minutes from you and is the biggest reservoir in the country(well it was before it got all sucked up). There are some amazing opportunities for fishing out there for striped bass. Also any water related activities are close or if you need just something to cool off then the lake is pretty close. Bonus points if you have a boat to use on the lake. It'll be a great place if you decide to move there and believe it or not there is also a local ski resort on Mount Charleston that actually gets snow which is a miracle in itself. Plenty to do and lots of memories to be made if you want to go out that way.