Help with Tripod setup

jjolg

FNG
I haven't touched my tripod setup for years but a few months ago my cabelas euro hd spotter cra65pped out on me and i got store credit back, i am revisiting my needs as i only used my spotter at the gun range as it was to big to pack with me.

My setup for tripod is Outdoorsmans medium tripod with micro panhead, and i am up in Alberta where I'm hunting the rocky mountains 99% of the time. So I'm trying to see if i can adjust things to possibly help my hunting style.

I'm thinking to pickup the Swarovski ATC and actually bring the scope along with my instead of it staying at camp, normally id actually bring the tripod for glassing with bino's and for the shooting rest ( both which are outdoorsmans)

I am wondering am i better of going with a slik carbon fiber or similar tripod and into a fluid head?

Things seem to have changed a bit since i first got my setup and seems like soooo many different options like the VA-5 or even the small rig setup. My binos are leica geovid so im just using the bino holder that has a strap no stud, and the spotter will be a 65mm or smaller for sure so what you can recommend with help my research!

thanks for taking the time to read through that all lol

matt