Help with new stand hunting options

I came to Rokslide because guys here know gear… it’s less Fudd-y lol

I’m looking for a “system” to wear whitetail bowhunting when daily highs are around 50° or less. obviously a quiet material is very important, and at a minimum I would want wind resistant. Waterproof is not a huge deal because if it’s raining hard I will just wear a true hard shell because that quiet factor is not as important. But being able to resist a drizzle or light rain would be great.

I find that it takes a lot more for my legs to get cold. The wind is what makes my legs cold . So for the bottoms I really only need a light insulative windproof shell. I could always throw longjohns on under them

I have no allegiance to any company or pattern. And I have no problem buying used gear if you’re selling something.

XL tops, 36 bottom (38 in Kuiu)

Last edited:

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know what could be better than the sitka stratus. it's all I've worn bowhunting for nearly 10 years. I don't really have any complaints, except that walking into the stand, the pants will make you WARM. they are fleece lined and windproof. maybe a better venting option would improve them. I put on the jacket when I get up the tree.

Stratus would be a solid choice. Super quiet soft shell. You could layer underneath for more warmth. I am also a fan of Sitkas traverse jacket but have not used the pants / bibs. Super warm and very breathable while busting some wind and shedding some rain. FL has some good stuff but their solitude is probably too warm and their soft shell catalyst is fine but the Sitka stratus and traverse are a notch above IMO.