Votes: 8 21.1%
  • ADL

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • BDL

Votes: 18 47.4%

• Total voters

DuckDogDr

WKR
Ultimately decided on a 270 wsm. I know people say they aren’t hard to take down but I like the idea of a magnum.

Will be built on a long action kauger / AGW to utilize the high BC bullets and seat them longer to maximize case capacity. Will either use the nosler LR Accubond 150 or the Badlands precision 150 bullet.

Long action kauger is 29 oz
Nightforce 2.5x10 @ 20 oz
Hawkins rings 3.5 oz

Debating between making an ADL vs BDL platform

Stock choices I’ve narrowed down to are
Wildcat Composites
Manners UC plus
Manners EH2
AG composites ACAT

Proof Sendero
Proof Sendero light
Brux 2 or 3 contour in 22”

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Just curious as to the lack of votes for manners UC ? Are the ergonomics bad ?

Just curious as to the lack of votes for manners UC ? Are the ergonomics bad ?
It’s just a trim traditional stock so they aren’t ideal. Ergonomics are a funny thing. What most hunters will tell you is good ergos is basically just what feels good or familiar to hold with little or no consideration on how the ergos assist or detract from breaking a good trigger or effectively managing recoil.

Are you threading the muzzle? If not a carbon barrel makes zero sense.

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
It’s just a trim traditional stock so they aren’t ideal. Ergonomics are a funny thing. What most hunters will tell you is good ergos is basically just what feels good or familiar to hold with little or no consideration on how the ergos assist or detract from breaking a good trigger or effectively managing recoil.

Are you threading the muzzle? If not a carbon barrel makes zero sense.
I am threading , just in case I decide to opt for a muzzle break although I don’t typically care for them due to increased blast noise

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I am threading , just in case I decide to opt for a muzzle break although I don’t typically care for them due to increased blast noise
I was laying in bed last night at 4am wide awake and thinking to myself how much I loved the ringing in my left ear ;)

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I was being sarcastic. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then be thankful. Muzzle brakes should be used with utmost caution and care. Plugs + muffs

Are are you saying "What?", as in "What did you say?" because your hearing is f'd also? If so, then that is funny

I was being sarcastic. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then be thankful. Muzzle brakes should be used with utmost caution and care. Plugs + muffs

Are are you saying "What?", as in "What did you say?" because your hearing is f'd also? If so, then that is funny

Meant to be humorous. 23 years in the Corps and an artillery officer at that. We had some mighty big muzzle breaks. I have very little hearing left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Gunsmith ordered the 270 wsm reamer today.
Still debating between manners and ag composites. The be patient aspect of me says just wait and order manners because it’s going to be a while before I actually do a sheep hunt and it’s the stock I really want.

The Instant gratification side of me says i want to try and get this built before elk season to “try it out” and i actually like the fit on my AG composites sportsman stock for my creedmoor. Plus I’d be supporting my local builder (they are 2 hrs north of me)

Last edited:
OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
What brass are you using?
I have some Winchester brass I’ve managed to accumulate from different forum members. Also have a source from the husband of a co-worker.
He doesn’t reload and factory ammo works in his gun so he’s giving me his spent brass

OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Ordered the stock, barrel and trigger today
Wound up going with an AG composites ACAT.
Barrel 22 in Proof Sendero 1:7.5 Twist
Trigger Tech Diamond