Help with Binos!

I need some help with binos and I don't have experience with the GOOD stuff. I'm looking for a carry size in 10x50 or 10x42 range and I'm wondering what's the best option between Meostar B1 10x42 vs. GPO Passion HD 10x50 or...gulp, a set of used Swarovski SLC 10x42 (similar in price to Meostars). Thoughts??

Meostars are very good

Swaro slcs are a touch better to my eyes. And i mean just a little bit better

Used swaro els are the best bang for the buck on 10x42. Its criminal how good the market is on used 10x42 els.

Tmac

WKR
Very satisfied with my Meopta Meostar’s and Zeiss Conquests. Just didn’t want to pay Swaro $. You get into this level of glass and hair splitting begins. They are all very good, as are a number of other makers top end stuff. GPO, I hear good things, but zero experience with them.

Laramie

WKR
I need some help with binos and I don't have experience with the GOOD stuff. I'm looking for a carry size in 10x50 or 10x42 range and I'm wondering what's the best option between Meostar B1 10x42 vs. GPO Passion HD 10x50 or...gulp, a set of used Swarovski SLC 10x42 (similar in price to Meostars). Thoughts??
Or you could save a bunch of money a buy a pair of Vortex Viper's. The are more than adequate for what most people use binoculars for. Crystal clear and right at $300.

What is the "criminal market" price you speak of?
My first set of swaro 10x42 el sv set me back $2650 new if I remember correctly. When the NL line came out the y dropped the msrp to about $2100. Now used current models pop up on here for around $1600 - $1750 regularly. IMO this is crazy good pricing on some dam solid glass.

Antares

WKR
I got a pair of 2010 model year 10x42 ELs on here for $1300 shipped. They're spectacular. Feels like I stole them, so yes, I can commiserate with the "criminal market" comment.

M70_MAN

FNG
I’ve never regretted picking up my 10x42 EL’s, but I have to say the pair of demo GPO 10x42’s my brother just picked up look like a darn good value. I don’t think you could go wrong with SLC’s or a pair of Meopta B1’s either.

Kowa genesis 10.5x44 is an amazing optic for 1k at cameraland, that’s what I had before my NL pures, and like the Kowa quite a bit better than the slc.

That’s my suggestion, it’s the only optic I feel truly performs above its price point

Binos are very subjective.
What fits one person's eyes may feel very awkward to another.
Test them for yourself.
Just like shotguns.
For me, high-end Nikon, Zeiss Conquest, Swaros.
I haven't spent any time behind Meopta but really like their riflescopes.

If the Volkswagon was just as good as the Cadillac, it would cost the same as the Caddy. There are no free lunches. You pay exactly for what you get. Period!

Only Swaro SLC-hd, EL-sv and Leica Ultravid HD here.

grfox92

WKR
Not to high jack the thread, but a lot of talk about the ELs in this thread, would you guys who have looked through both say they are worth the extra money over Maven B series?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

If the Volkswagon was just as good as the Cadillac, it would cost the same as the Caddy. There are no free lunches. You pay exactly for what you get. Period!

Only Swaro SLC-hd, EL-sv and Leica Ultravid HD here.
I don't know that I agree with this.
I can afford both, but choose to buy Volkswagen for a lot of reasons.
Better yet, buy a used BMW and be way ahead.
I own excellent glass and none of it was purchased at anywhere near the retail price.