Help, where to hunt turkey in South East Idaho?

Idahoboy

FNG
Looking for help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. First time turkey hunter, looking for where to hunt spring general season turkey in South East Idaho. I'm not asking for your sacred hunting honey holes, just looking for a direction to look and any tips a newbie needs to know. I've heard they are a nuisance for some property owners, and if your one of them I could help you out... Thanks in advance!

Best thing to do is just cover ground and look for birds. SE Idaho doesn’t have a lot of birds in the general units and even less on public land. Because of that any turkey spot in SE Idaho is a “sacred honey hole”. Just start driving and glassing and you’ll find some.

OP
I

Idahoboy

FNG
Best thing to do is just cover ground and look for birds. SE Idaho doesn’t have a lot of birds in the general units and even less on public land. Because of that any turkey spot in SE Idaho is a “sacred honey hole”. Just start driving and glassing and you’ll find some.
Thanks for the input. I feel bad asking about hunting areas, as I don't divulge specifics about the areas I hunt either. I have heard turkeys are a nuisance on personal property to some. If that's the case those are who I'm trying to reach out to. Help each other out sort of deal. Thanks again for responding.

Looking for help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. First time turkey hunter, looking for where to hunt spring general season turkey in South East Idaho. I'm not asking for your sacred hunting honey holes, just looking for a direction to look and any tips a newbie needs to know. I've heard they are a nuisance for some property owners, and if your one of them I could help you out... Thanks in advance!
How did last year's turkey season go for you? This is my first year so currently scouting around the internet looking for as much info as I can find. Before this morning was thinking of going up into 32A after seeing the harvest report I might be leaning towards unit 33 now. I have a bear tag as well, so I'd like to hunt turkey/ scout for bear at the same time.

OP
I

Idahoboy

FNG
How did last year's turkey season go for you? This is my first year so currently scouting around the internet looking for as much info as I can find. Before this morning was thinking of going up into 32A after seeing the harvest report I might be leaning towards unit 33 now. I have a bear tag as well, so I'd like to hunt turkey/ scout for bear at the same time.
I didn't get a chance to go out. Did a lot of Internet research/scouting and came up with somewhat of a plan but then had a death in the family. Never had a chance to get out. Now my kid's sports are killing my free time. I fear the worst, I may die a turkey virgin.

I didn't get a chance to go out. Did a lot of Internet research/scouting and came up with somewhat of a plan but then had a death in the family. Never had a chance to get out. Now my kid's sports are killing my free time. I fear the worst, I may die a turkey virgin.
Ahh damn that's to bad sorry to hear that maybe you'll find time this year. Did you ever get actual boots on the ground scouting or strictly internet?

Only Internet scouting
okay id PM you but have to wait 7 days so ill just say on here I was thinking of hitting 32A maybe near council or down by Saige hen reservoir. The harvest rate isn't that good here though so started looking into 33. what are your thoughts on this?

OP
I

Idahoboy

FNG
okay id PM you but have to wait 7 days so ill just say on here I was thinking of hitting 32A maybe near council or down by Saige hen reservoir. The harvest rate isn't that good here though so started looking into 33. what are your thoughts on this?
I only looked at SouthEast Idaho. I didn't look any where else in the state. Sorry, I'm no help there.

KLWild

FNG
Idfg put out a turkey management plan that lines out the specifics of Idaho turkeys. I would start there and put a plan together to find some.