Help out a great dog...

bdg848

WKR
Located in Iowa. We will travel if it's right.

Unfortunately, I need to find a new home for our boy, Champ. The ideal family would be an older family wanting a mild mannered companion pet (live indoors). We never wanted to do this but we believe it's what's best for everyone. We are praying that we can find a household that will be a good fit for him.

A year ago we had our first child and our dog, Champ, just isn't tolerating a baby crawling around. It seems to really stress him out and we can't keep him around the baby. However, He doesn't deserve to be kenneled in the garage mostly alone for the next few years.

He is a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer, about 11 years old, we got him from the shelter about five years ago. He has been a great dog since then. He loves car rides, loves being close to you. He is very calm in the house and is an excellent companion dog. He no longer hunts since a knee injury two years ago. In field conditions with tall grass he can run around for about an hour before his knee bothers him and will tire too quickly for serious hunting. However, he would be a good dog for someone who just wants a moderately active companion for hiking and jogging streets and trails. He is house, crate, and e-collar trained.

He is fine with older, responsible kids just not babies or toddlers. I think it's their shifty, wobbly walk with outstretched arms that freak him out haha. Not good with male dogs. We have another small female that he is fine with but no other dogs would probably be the best fit at this point. He is fixed.

We don't want any rehoming fee whatsoever, we only want to know he will be happy where he ends up. He will come with a wire crate, bowl, yard cable, dog bed, leash, and some food.

PM if interested and feel free to pass this along. He has been such a great dog and my wife's best friend. He could be your new best friend.

Attachments

• champ1.png
    champ1.png
    917.8 KB · Views: 65
  • champ3.jpg
    champ3.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 64
  • champ4.jpg
    champ4.jpg
    792.4 KB · Views: 64
  • chmap2.jpg
    chmap2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Marble

WKR
I'm losing one my GSPs next month. Back to the owner who has been deployed in Iraq for the past year. Last November I had to put down my female...so I'm in the market for another but I have lots of little ones in my house regularly.

Best of luck in your search for his new home.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I am a volunteer for the southeast GSP rescue. We regularly foster GSPs to get them ready for their forever home. We have a 6 yr old female we took in about 5 weeks ago who is going up for adoption today. I am guessing there is a chapter in Iowa, I recommend looking them up.