Help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.

87TT

WKR
The OP needs to come up here and hunt wolves. Since he posted this at 1:30 AM, I wonder what time he gets up? Seriously though under some circumstances, they all can be easy. But having hunted all of them, big elk and big mule deer don't get that way by being stupid. And if you hunt turkeys, then I'll bet they have laughed at you before for making dumb mistakes.

amassi

WKR
I've never hunted whitetail, but have hunted private property dumb blacktail bucks and the setup made the "hunt" relatively easy.
Unless you're comparing public v public I dont think it's a fair comparison.

Hunting mature mule deer the first week of October in a general unit is probably one of the hardest deer hunts especially if your in 70* weather.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
I'm originally from Wisconsin, have family land in Buffalo county and have shot a lot of whitetails and filled my tags every year. After my first elk hunt, I was hooked on western hunting and as much as I had the same thought process as the original poster with smaller bulls and mule deer bucks, I was humbled fast by the mature elk and mule deer. Fast forward a few years after my wife taking a job in western Montana, I don't miss whitetail hunting at all. To me, it isn't a challenge to sit in a tree stand and wait for a deer to walk by, it was to easy to pattern the big whitetails with game cameras and scouting.

ckleeves

WKR
It would be interesting to hear what hunts you have been on in the west. I can somewhat see how you could form that opinion depending on what/where.

Raghorn bulls in limited units? Easy.
Mature bulls in OTC units? Not easy.

140” muleys with a rifle near the rut? Easy.
180” muleys above timberline with a bow? Not easy.

Antelope with a rifle pretty much anywhere? Easy.
Antelope with a bow? Not that easy.

Take a stab at a mature Coues deer in a easy to draw unit sometime. See if that’s easy. Kill a 300” bull on a OTC tag. Take a mature Muley with a bow above timberline. Spot and stalk a archery antelope. Then report back to us with pics of all these critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe if your on a manicured deer farm with food plots and box blinds and the only person with permission then Id call it easy. For the average joe that hunts off permission only and none of that gee wizz deer farmer bullshit its not as easy as you make it sound.

You got me, I'm not your average Joe and you are right, it is no where's near as easy as I make it sound. No one works as hard as I do year around to improve deer habitat so it was just the killing part that became so easy and anticlimactic. Work hard, save your money and perhaps someday you can stop baking cookies for the farmer.

G

isu22andy

WKR
You got me, I'm not your average Joe and you are right, it is no where's near as easy as I make it sound. No one works as hard as I do year around to improve deer habitat so it was just the killing part that became so easy and anticlimactic. Work hard, save your money and perhaps someday you can stop baking cookies for the farmer.

G

If whitetail hunting comes to buying land to hunt I’ll quit and go west every year . Plenty of opportunities to hunt free around here . I’d buy my own farm but then I’d be stuck hunting the same 40 acres every year what’s the fun in that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota Dude

Lil-Rokslider
How did his turn into Western hunting is easier than whitetail hunting? That's not what the OP was saying. He was saying that Elk/Mulies/Pronghorn are "dumber" than whitetails.

I get what he is saying (excluding elk). Whitetails spook very easily, are much more cautious, and even have a white flag to wave!

From my experience, if you are a whitetail hunter and you go mule deer hunting, hunters are generally shocked at how "dumb" they are. They don't spook that easily, they generally stop if they do, they aren't as cautious as whitetails, and they run funny!

Jake T

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never taken an elk and have gone 5 seasons in a row.

Does that make me stupid?
I've never done it and have gone 13 seasons in a row. If you're stupid, I don't want to know what I am.

Wiscohunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm pretty sure this post was very successful trolling. However, If the OP returns, know I used to like to hunt Iowa because the deer there were dumb compared to WI deer 😉.

Status
Not open for further replies.