Help me find a drink

Rich M

WKR
I'm looking for something easy to sip and savor.

Would like a caramel/vanilla/nut/oak kind of thing.

We primarily drink whiskey/bourbon (Jack, G Jack, 4 Roses, Makers Mark, W Turkey, etc.) and a few other things - brandy is nice but I don't want it that sweet.

Tried a scotch last night and it evaporated in my mouth. Had something else and it tasted like gasoline nasty. Probably should go to a bar and try diff stuff at $10/drink as opposed to $30-$50 a bottle.

Any suggestions?

Crown makes some smooth blended whisky varieties in the flavors you mentioned. If you are more of a bourbon guy, Buffalo Trace Distillery has several good varieties (Buffalo Trace "standard", Eagle Rare, EH Taylor, etc...) 4 Roses has several good varieties including their standard yellow label and small batch, and Elijah Craig's small batch is good too. There are higher priced brands as well, but these are all around $50 and less.

The Templeton Rye 6 year is nice as well if you like Rye varieties.

Bootleg hootch or shine is likely best if you have a connection.

SonnyDay

WKR
Was at a scotch tasting many years ago and was surprised by how good Johnny Walker Black is. The guy noted that there's decades-old scotch in there that only leaves Scotland in a blend. Single Malts get all the hype these days... but you might consider it. Has a touch of smoke, but nothing crazy. Enjoy!

LuvDog

FNG
Whats wrong with the four roses, MM? or are you just looking to branch out?

Any of the Buffalo Trace wheated bourbons would be good. Blanton's is always a favorite of mine, but over the past 3 or 4 years its gotten harder to find at a reasonable price.

OP
R

Rich M

WKR
Just looking to branch out.

Liking the idea of a 1 drink night - something to sip on.

Want it to be diff from the whiskey/bourbon thing.
Someone asked - what's wrong with 4 Roses - absolutely nothing. One of my favorites.