Help me decide on a unit - CO Elk

OP
Vids

Vids

WKR
What did you select?
Went with 76 and got the affirmative email last week. Time to dial in the bow and get the fitness 100% squared away. I've got at least one buddy coming out to help on one trip, possibly a second for a second trip, then maybe a third solo trip. Will be camping and scouting there in two weeks. This will be a fun one for me, very much looking forward to a great elk hunt but I feel zero pressure about it.

Went with 76 and got the affirmative email last week. Time to dial in the bow and get the fitness 100% squared away. I've got at least one buddy coming out to help on one trip, possibly a second for a second trip, then maybe a third solo trip. Will be camping and scouting there in two weeks. This will be a fun one for me, very much looking forward to a great elk hunt but I feel zero pressure about it.
Congratulations. I drew 76 (1st rifle). I'll be heading down there in a week or two as well.

Commutair

FNG
Funny, as I too drew 76. Archery. Gathering data now. Going to scout in July, then back in mid August. I’m willing to share help out any regular Joe there with info I have. PM me good luck to us!

OP
Vids

Vids

WKR
That sounds good, I'm happy to share info as well. (actually on OnX right now with the hockey game on in the background!) I'll shoot you a PM.

I was in unit 76 and 40 last year scouting it in the middle of September and found a few elk in each unit but only spending two or three days in each one. I was limited on what I found. I may regret it, but I went ahead and tried for a 40 tag despite all the private. Just ready to burn my points and get out of the creeping game.

I drew for Unit 40, Muzzle Loader elk. Any input from those who have hunted there in the past?... or have spent time scouting Unit 40?

I drew for Unit 40, Muzzle Loader elk. Any input from those who have hunted there in the past?... or have spent time scouting Unit 40?
The main issue with that unit is that the ranch hands push the animals from public to private so they can sell $$$$ high dollar hunts. So hopefully by muzzleloader season they are not all pushed

TShunts

FNG
That’s funny. Don’t expect a response. He was on Rokslide 2 days only. Long enough to ask for help, then disappear. And new guys wonder why they get the cold shoulder when their first posts are asking for information. Weird.
Thanks for your input, it was very helpful. Also correct me if I am wrong, but I see a common denominator on folks asking for info on lots of forums. Saying they drew the tag and disappear and not very often follow through. Met a guy on here that didn’t hunt said unit and talked about a great experience with his family in another location. I’m always interested in experiences and not always success stories because hunts are all based on the eyes of the beholder. Thanks and Happy Easter.

TShunts

FNG
That’s funny. Don’t expect a response. He was on Rokslide 2 days only. Long enough to ask for help, then disappear. And new guys wonder why they get the cold shoulder when their first posts are asking for information. Weird.
I also didn’t know you could see how long people have been on Rokslide, I’m learning this forum thing… made some mistakes but I’ll get better, learned how to see length of time for Roksliders. I’ll make sure to keep specific stuff out. Thanks for your response.

TheCougar

WKR
Thanks for your input, it was very helpful. Also correct me if I am wrong, but I see a common denominator on folks asking for info on lots of forums. Saying they drew the tag and disappear and not very often follow through. Met a guy on here that didn’t hunt said unit and talked about a great experience with his family in another location. I’m always interested in experiences and not always success stories because hunts are all based on the eyes of the beholder. Thanks and Happy Easter.
If you click on their names, you can see their activity. He was here for 2 days. Long enough to ask for help, then leave. You can also see what posts they have made, etc.