Help me decide on a lightweight stove

Another very happy Windmaster user.

I carry mine in a French press just about everywhere I go all winter. Been flawless for several years.

Subliminal1

Lil-Rokslider
I have been carrying BRS and TOAKS for 10+ years (backpacking and hunting). I built a reflectix coozie that the TOAKS sits in... Every year I debate should I move to Jetboil but for my set up it just becomes a weight penalty.

My hunting partner has always had Jetboil and he finishes boiling water a few minutes before me... again not worth the weight penalty for me.

Lastly, there is fuel savings with the Jetboil... but how many trips have you burned through your fuel container? I know I can get a week+ on 1 canister at 10k+ elevation with weather in the teens

Soo not changing my set up yet and only good things to say about my decade plus set up ha

I have been carrying BRS and TOAKS for 10+ years (backpacking and hunting). I built a reflectix coozie that the TOAKS sits in... Every year I debate should I move to Jetboil but for my set up it just becomes a weight penalty.

My hunting partner has always had Jetboil and he finishes boiling water a few minutes before me... again not worth the weight penalty for me.

Lastly, there is fuel savings with the Jetboil... but how many trips have you burned through your fuel container? I know I can get a week+ on 1 canister at 10k+ elevation with weather in the teens

Soo not changing my set up yet and only good things to say about my decade plus set up ha

You can shave even more wt. and easily get the efficiency of a JB. This is the setup I’ve been using for the last few years, and I don’t think there is anything lighter or more efficient that’s currently being marketed.
9a620db3907163913801756e39352d6f.jpg

00f45aef58908ea38394e6895891bffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwiftShot

WKR
Option 3. The toaks you get usually comes with the orange bag. I carry the toaks 550 pot BRS stove, lighter and a cheap walmart collapsible cup. The cup is 2 bucks and weights nothing. I have had the Jetboil and it was good but it take up more room and weighs more way more.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
If you’re buying a pocket rocket do yourself a favor and get the deluxe version. The pressure regulator on the “deluxe” is well worth it for cold weather use.

jonandy

FNG
You can shave even more wt. and easily get the efficiency of a JB. This is the setup I’ve been using for the last few years, and I don’t think there is anything lighter or more efficient that’s currently being marketed.
9a620db3907163913801756e39352d6f.jpg

00f45aef58908ea38394e6895891bffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That fits great! Sounds like a good setup. What jetboil cup is that?

Magma

Lil-Rokslider
The Caldera Cone is very stable and seems to me to be about as safe as canister stoves. One of the main keys is being cognizant of where you place your stove in case it was to tip over, etc. Cooking on a durable, non flammable surface is the key, that way if you were to have a stove tip for whatever reason, it can’t catch anything else on fire.

Greenwood

FNG
Sounds like you've gone with the BRS, but I am another vote for the Windmaster. Quieter than most others, and does great with the wind.