HELP! Inreach to Zoleo not working…

Rampaige

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is an old thread but I ran into the same issue last fall. I have a Zoleo and I was on a bear hunt with inReach users. I was able to send and receive messages with them in bear camp. A month later we went on a moose hunt. Same people, same devices, but I was not able to send or receive messages to/from their inReaches. I was, however, able to send messages to my wife and friends back home. I was pretty frustrated but put it on the back burner and never addressed it.

Fast forward to today: I reactivated my Zoleo, ran the software update, did a little research and found the inReach users have to initiate an SMS message to Zoleo users. I had my buddy message my Zoleo and it came through no problem. However, I still could not message him. I tried sending my wife a few messages and she received nothing on her phone. For a few hours tonight I tried calling and online chatting with Zoleo but I was not able to get in touch with a single representative between 2:30 and 6PM. I'll admit I almost bought an inReach this afternoon just to be done with this whole issue.

I decided to do a factory reset after reading up on the Zoleo website. This seems to have fixed the issue. I now get messages to and from the inReach and my wife's phone. Hopefully I don't run into any issues in bear camp in a few weeks but it seems like a factory reset should fix the issue. I hope this helps someone out there with similar issues.