Help identifying this scope and help others avoid a scam

RWT

Lil-Rokslider
Any assistance is appreciated. First I bought this used on Craigslist at least 28 years ago. Thought I had a great deal for what was a few hundred dollars back when the Swarovski name meant something to me. At the time the Internet had not blossomed to the point of instantly locating information. Here to admit I was scammed and to help others avoid my mistake. Scope looked new and was in Swarovski box with correct paperwork from what I knew of them. Guys story made sense as someone traded him some electrical work and added the scope to make up the difference. Glass was awesome. I was all about the glass back then. My glass was better than yours, I am ultra cool at deer camp. I’ve learned since then and sold the other Swarovski I had picked up in a trade.

Back to the scope. It tracked well, glass was great, held zero for how I used it on my 308. Worked well for about 5 years. Then the IR went out on it. Then one of the “dial turrets” came loose. So I email Swarovski and provided pics. They advised this is not one of their scopes and they never produced a model similar to this. So basically, I was stuck with a knockoff -unknown brand and it had issues.

I immediately pulled it from the rifle and pitched it in a box, disgusted with myself for being taken and not knowing better. I could have and should have verified the serial #. Until I realized the serial # tag had fallen off. Lesson learned. I now check for serial # and, validate with the manufacture when I trade or buy used. Luckily, I have narrowed my selection to SWFA, NF, Schmidt and Maven OR it is a new purchase.

If anyone has any guess who this manufacture is and the model I would at least enjoy the chase of the information.

2.5x15x 56. mils with IR 30mm ROM manufactured date 1995-97

Attachments

• IMG_8597.jpeg
    IMG_8597.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8598.jpeg
    IMG_8598.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8599.jpeg
    IMG_8599.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8600.jpeg