Hello, I was wondering about SW Killik clothing brand has anybody used it and what they thought of it compared to Kuiu, FL, Sitka Etc.. Thanks!!

lsummey

FNG
Hello, I was wondering about SW Killik clothing brand has anybody used it in the Back country, Elk etc.. and what they thought of it compared to Kuiu, FL, Sitka Etc.. I don't see much on here about Killik Thanks for your time!!

mitchellmountain

Lil-Rokslider
I have some of their stuff, vest pants and hoodie. I like it a lot but not as durable as the kuiu I have. For backcountry stuff where gear needs to be more dependable definitely use my kuiu, but for archery hunting here ( Pa) and Turkey I wear the killik stuff quite a bit. I prefer the camo pattern immensely over kuiu

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
I have their jacket. Used it hunting with my son in Wyoming. Elk, Mulie and antelope. I like it, definitely more affordable than the Kuiu my son has or Sitka.

I’ve got a buddy with a few pieces. I’d say it’s pretty meh. For the price it isn’t terrible and it certainly beats Walmart cotton type stuff. But it is not very close to kuiu Sitka type brands in terms of quality. I think the stuff I have from skre and black ovis is nicer as well and priced more similarly.

nobody

WKR
I have a good amount of it from when I worked there. I got it on a screaming discount because Sportsman's owns the brand. At full retail, it's grossly overpriced. Generic, mediocre fits and cuts on the clothes, and poor breathability. Their "puffy" layers are garbage, zero insulation value whatsoever. Their only semi-worthwhile offering is their pants, but they don't breathe at all, so they would end up being relegated to late season. But even then, for less money, you can get vastly superior pants from King's, which are also available at Sportsman's.

If you can get the Killik on a sale or discount, it's pretty ok. But it's not worth the price of admission at full retail.

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
When it’s discounted I think it’s a very good option. The soft shell vest I own was well worth the price as it was heavily discounted. Same goes for the pieces I purchased for my father. I do own multiple pieces of Sitka for comparison and am still happy with the purchases.

OP
lsummey

lsummey

FNG
Thanks for all your input on the Killik Brand Really appreciate it !!!!

OP
lsummey

lsummey

FNG
I have a good amount of it from when I worked there. I got it on a screaming discount because Sportsman's owns the brand. At full retail, it's grossly overpriced. Generic, mediocre fits and cuts on the clothes, and poor breathability. Their "puffy" layers are garbage, zero insulation value whatsoever. Their only semi-worthwhile offering is their pants, but they don't breathe at all, so they would end up being relegated to late season. But even then, for less money, you can get vastly superior pants from King's, which are also available at Sportsman's.

If you can get the Killik on a sale or discount, it's pretty ok. But it's not worth the price of admission at full retail.
Good to Know, THANKS!