Hello from Ohio

IW17

FNG
Hello to all. I didn't see a formal thread to introduce myself, so I took the liberty of starting this one. My name is Drew, I'm a resident of Ohio, originally from Florida. I'm an Ironworker in Cleveland. Spend basically every free moment hunting, fishing, or any other outdoor activities. Been coming on rokslide for a while reading threads and articles, figured it was high time for me to start an account and join in.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member, Drew.

Eddie

OP
IW17

IW17

FNG
I appreciate the welcome. And thanks to whomever moved this to the appropriate forum. Not sure how I missed this.

lavashine

FNG
Welcome! Mansfield guy here - I spent time in Lakeland and St Augustine FL. Where are you from in FL?

OP
IW17

IW17

FNG
Welcome! Mansfield guy here - I spent time in Lakeland and St Augustine FL. Where are you from in FL?
Born and raised in Dunedin, just north of Clearwater. Moved to Ohio 14 years ago for work. Live in Norton now. Just finished a job in your neck of the woods. Rehabbed the Mansfield water treatment plant.

lavashine

FNG
Now that's nuts - I hunt the two properties behind that plant. You do much bowhunting?

I know Dunedin, but not well.... we always spent more time south of the bay when we were on the Gulf coast!

Last edited:
OP
IW17

IW17

FNG
Now that's nuts - I hunt the two properties behind that plant next to the bike trail, and live 1.1 miles from it! You do much bowhunting?

I know Dunedin, but not well.... we always spent more time south of the bay when we were on the Gulf coast!
I bow hunt quite a bit. Never did in Florida. Early bow season was just too hot. Plus our hunting season structure is 90% bow season so only hunting gun or muzzeloader really limits your opportunity. How's the hunting around the plant? I was talking to some guys when I was there abut how great it looked! Lots of AG and pockets of thicket. Looked great.

I hunt pretty much everything that walks, swims or flies. Do a lot of fishing as well. Bowfishing is my guilty pleasure. Got into it a few years ago and now it's one of my favorite things to do. Just sold my v hull boat and I'm in the process of looking for a 17-18' flat bottom to set up with lights. Got a 14' at the moment but it's too small for more than two people.

lavashine

FNG
Yeah I can imagine Florida early season is unbearable!

Hunting is pretty good there - private AG land with limited pressure so there isn't much to complain about!

Bowfishing is about as much fun as you can have I think! I'll PM you a spot between us to check out if you haven't already. Easy put in and as many carp as you have energy for.

Hello to all. I didn't see a formal thread to introduce myself, so I took the liberty of starting this one. My name is Drew, I'm a resident of Ohio, originally from Florida. I'm an Ironworker in Cleveland. Spend basically every free moment hunting, fishing, or any other outdoor activities. Been coming on rokslide for a while reading threads and articles, figured it was high time for me to start an account and join in.
I’m from Ohio too and brand new here. I live in central OH and do a lot of whitetail hunting.