Heated clothing = makers, and how many fewer layers?

Detect

WKR
these heatronics heated socks are marketed towards skiiers who i'm assuming are active. i wonder if that's why i thought they weren't as warm as say the pnuma heated stuff which is super warm and great for treestand hunting.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Update - in the off chance that someone can benefit.

Earlier this week I sat in a tree stand in Nebraska when it was pretty darn cold. I ended up adding the Pnuma Heated Core Pant to my Pnuma Heated Core Vest. On the first day I didn't even need to turn on either the vest or the pants, but I was pretty well layered up (I will spare everyone the details). I decided to drop a pair of Kuiu down pants from the first day and rely on the heated vest and pants. It worked really well - until the end of the sit when my toes were freezing. This could be due to more wind that day, but I decided to get the Lenz 4.1 socks with the rcB 1800 batteries to hopefully eliminate that problem going forward.

dct73

FNG
This isn't exactly what you asked, but, I'll second what Beagle1 stated. I've never seen anything as warm as the SKRE Guardian Jacket and Bibs with proper base layers. I use the SKRE Guardian bibs and jacket, midweight base layers under midweight fleece top and SKRE hardscrabble pants, heavy balaclava under beanie with jacket hood up, merino wool socks inside 800g Thinsulate boots, and some skimpy Costco running gloves inside a muff with a couple chemical warmers. With that setup I can fall asleep when it's zero degrees out, no electrics needed.