Heads up on First Lite Merino Base Layers

IronM

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to concur with others on here. I had the same thing happen to my wick hoodie. Washed it the other day and hung it up to dry and saw the front of the shirt. Very disappointing as it is relatively new and no idea how or when it happened. Didn’t bother contacting customer service knowing I would probably get the same response.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    355.7 KB · Views: 36

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Have had the same experience with my Wick shirts (2 SS and 1 QZ). They are the comfiest Merino I’ve tried since I have dry sensitive skin so I don’t get itchy from their stuff but the durability is definitely lacking. Had the same issue after one week out West. I noticed a ton of piling just from wearing a bino harness and a day pack. Also started getting small holes around the waist since I tuck in my baselayer. I’m definitely looking at other options in the future

My Stone Glacier merino pieces have held up incredibly well. Lots of hours under a pack and I just throw it in the washer and dryer with the rest of my clothes. My washer has an agitator as well but hasn’t caused any problems.

Dumped FL a few years ago based off their customer service. I knew merino wool would have durability issues….but not as bad as it was with FL. My icebreaker, minus 33, smartwool and ibex have been way more durable. My socks get the most use and aren’t even close to being worn out.