Has anybody tried the new Crispi Birksdall yet?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m looking for a new boot to use this year. I’m birksdall SFs are on their last legs after a few years of use and they aren’t offering those any longer apparently.

I have the crispi guides but I’d like something a bit stiffer. I’m sort of trying to decide between getting the hunters or the new birksdall pro boots.

Has anybody used the birksdall pros yet? I’d be especially interested in thoughts from people who used the SFs and the hunters as well.

Thank you.

golfbum

WKR
I own the pro’s.

Just got them and only worn them for a handful of miles so far. I think they will be a great boot.

I noticed blackovis had the SF on close out for a good deal!

They also will be releasing a couple new mountain Briksdal (3 flex and 5 flex options) that have some synthetic panels in April

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I own the pro’s.

Just got them and only worn them for a handful of miles so far. I think they will be a great boot.

I noticed blackovis had the SF on close out for a good deal!

They also will be releasing a couple new mountain Briksdal (3 flex and 5 flex options) that have some synthetic panels in April
Interesting thank you. I’m curious about the 4 flex, the 3 is ok for me for hiking/backpacking but I really prefer something stiffer for climbing with heavy loads due to an injury I had a few years ago. I’m not in a rush though, I’ll see what their new option with the level 5 is like.

gerry35

WKR
I didn't realize they had so many versions of the Briksdal boots. Not exactly what you're looking for but I have the non insulated version with the 4 flex is a really nice boot and doesn't feel too stiff for me. If I ever need a insulated version I would be looking at one of the taller versions.

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
Well shoot I didn’t know the SF was being discontinued, I never thought they were too stiff. Did try on the Pros the other at a Scheels and those boots fit the same as my SF.

From the pics so far not a fan of the synthetic panels that are on the Briksdal series since it adds more stitching and a failure point to tear or leak.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well shoot I didn’t know the SF was being discontinued, I never thought they were too stiff. Did try on the Pros the other at a Scheels and those boots fit the same as my SF.

From the pics so far not a fan of the synthetic panels that are on the Briksdal series since it adds more stitching and a failure point to tear or leak.
I definitely don’t think the birksdall SF is too stiff but since it’s going away, I’m curious what the 4 flex feels like from folks that have used the 5.

I wonder why they made the birksdall pro less stiff. Seems like a strange choice.