Hanwag boots question

reccelec

FNG
Hi Hanwag owners,

I just got a pair of Hanwag Tatra II gtx wide and just wondering how to tell if they're actually the wide kind. The size tags in the boots doesn't have any "WIDE" or "W" on them but the laces had the stickers on them that says wide. The box it came with says wide. Is this normal with Hanwag boots?

Attachments

• boot tag.jpg
    boot tag.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 35

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
DB190300-1013-4430-A08F-E2A25E9455D5.jpeg
Here’s the inside of my Ferrata IIs. No width reference either. My Alaskas are the same.

Threw the stock insoles away - horrible.

GerGa

FNG
I just emailed hanwag a question and they responded within a couple days. I would ask them the question. But I'm wondering if your boot may have any other tag with a model # on it.

OP
R

reccelec

FNG
I just emailed hanwag a question and they responded within a couple days. I would ask them the question. But I'm wondering if your boot may have any other tag with a model # on it.
Just sent them an email. I checked inside the boots, outside the boot, under the insoles and found no other tags or model#

My Alverstone boots had no "wide" markings either but they definitely feel wide and are very comfortable.

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
But you got them in the wide versions?
No, I didn’t.

How did you think these fit compared to your Hanwag Alaska?
I got them a half size bigger, and that seems to have made the fit the same. When I stand with one on each foot, the front of the boots line up. I think the extra foam in the Ferrata II eats up some volume inside. I haven’t tried the Ferrata in both sizes. I did try the Alaska in a 13 next to the 13 Ferrata and 12.5 Alaska and they are like clown shoes.