Hanwag Alverstone II GTX reviews?

I own a couple pairs of the Hanwag Alaska GTX and love those boots. I’ve essentially run them for 6 years and no complaints, but they are warm and a little heavy for early season hikes.

I’m eyeing the Alverstone II Gtx and wondered if anyone has any comments on those? I’m also eyeing the crispi lapponia, but I don’t have any experience with Crispi boots. I know they’re pretty popular, but hanwags just seem to work for me.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own a couple pairs of the Hanwag Alaska GTX and love those boots. I’ve essentially run them for 6 years and no complaints, but they are warm and a little heavy for early season hikes.

I’m eyeing the Alverstone II Gtx and wondered if anyone has any comments on those? I’m also eyeing the crispi lapponia, but I don’t have any experience with Crispi boots. I know they’re pretty popular, but hanwags just seem to work for me.

Thanks!

Thanks!

I have two pairs. They run small and narrow in the toe box. I normally wear a 13 Salomon Quest, that is my comfort boot. The Alverstones are better in every way except the toe box. I had to order them a half size bigger and get them in a wide size. Still they are too narrow on my toes for extreme backpacking. I’ve also had issues rolling my ankle in them, assuming it’s the boot because I’ve never had a problem rolling my ankles prior. They are super durable and the lacing system is the best I’ve used on any boot.

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Love the Alverstones. As mentioned above, I sized-up and went with a Wide, which is not the norm for me.

I have 2.5 years into them. They leaked pretty quickly, lacing system is very good. Tight toe box for sure. The stitching along the back Achilles area is falling apart. Good boot, not perfect. I think I liked the crispi briksdal better.

geoff995

WKR
I had a pair last year that lasted less than 30 miles before the stitching starting coming apart and the heel on one boot completely separated. Luckily GOHUNT warrantied them. I quickly sold the new pair I received.

Thanks!

I have two pairs of Alaskas I’m trying. A 10.5 regular and 10.5 wide. The regular width is a little tight on my big toe, and the wide feels go but I’m fearing it’s too much room in the forefoot than I need. Did you have the regular width and did the toe box loosen up any overtime?

TX_Diver

WKR
I wanted to like them but they were too narrow.

Side note - Did you used to be on spearboard w/ the same username? Edit - Thinking it was someone w/ a similar username. Either way used to do a decent amount of freediving when I lived in CA and TX.

I wanted to like them but they were too narrow.

Side note - Did you used to be on spearboard w/ the same username? Edit - Thinking it was someone w/ a similar username. Either way used to do a decent amount of freediving when I lived in CA and TX.
No I am not on that forum. Must just be a similar username. I do scuba dive tho! Did you experience the toe area loostening up any over time or did they stay pretty tight in the toe box even after some use? Just to clarify too, I am talking about the Alaska GTX not the Alverstone. But I am trying the Alverstone too. I really want a good leather boot. Thanks for your help.

bonepoint

FNG
I have a pair of Alverstone IIs for early season hunts and love them. I have a narrow foot and these fit me well, similar to my Zamberlans. I have not tried the Alaskas for comparison, but may try those for my next pair of all-leather, late season/snow hunting boot.

TX_Diver

WKR
No I am not on that forum. Must just be a similar username. I do scuba dive tho! Did you experience the toe area loostening up any over time or did they stay pretty tight in the toe box even after some use? Just to clarify too, I am talking about the Alaska GTX not the Alverstone. But I am trying the Alverstone too. I really want a good leather boot. Thanks for your help.

I returned them so I didn't break them in or see if it expanded. You may like the Zamberlan 1110 Baltoro lites if you want a light leather boot that is similar to the alverstone. The 1104s are good too but they have a bit roomier toebox IMO. Lowa Ticam IIs would be worth trying too, but they also have a little bigger toebox than the Alverstones or the 1110s.

sndmn11

WKR
I used their wide version for about 3/4 of my seasons this year. I like them a lot for how flexible they are on a forward gait, and they are light.

I am/was hesitant about the suede leather, but I suppose that is why they are lighter. I also ordered at the same time the Vivo trackers and Hoffman Explorer's 8", and returned the Vivos. I think between the Alverstones and the Hoffmans (I also have some of their pacs) I can cover all the needs. I dislike boots, so I choose the Hanwags most of the time.

Thanks for the replies. I may risk it and go ahead and keep the Alaskas in a regular D width if they will loosen up some in the toe box. I gotta think they would