Hamskea Epilson Tweak

Artemis

FNG
IMG_5688.jpeg
I have long tag line on the limb cord on my Epsilon release. Is there a reason for this or should I tie cut and burn?

Thanks for replies

Attachments

• IMG_5686.jpeg
    IMG_5686.jpeg
    272.7 KB · Views: 12
The cord they include with the rest is extra long to accommodate bows of various axle-to-axle lengths. There's no need for excess cord beyond the clamp; trim it just past the clamp and burn it to prevent fraying.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I don't even use the football clamp. I just use a prusik knot to secure. It holds it tight and I've never had it move. Plus, I can slide it to release the tension.

But yeah, at least cut/burn the excess.

devinhal

FNG
You can trim and burn the end of the cord. Just make sure to leave yourself enough of a tag end to hold onto if you need to adjust the cord tension.

I don't even use the football clamp. I just use a prusik knot to secure. It holds it tight and I've never had it move. Plus, I can slide it to release the tension.

But yeah, at least cut/burn the excess.
Blakes hitch here. I like either because you can adjust the tension as you mentioned and you don't have to carry an allen wrench to adjust, or worry about the damn football coming off.

OP
A

Artemis

FNG
Everyone thanks for the replies much appreciated. Going to cut and burn and after the season Blake’s hitch that B@&$H. Just don’t trust my knot skills this close to season.

OR Archer

WKR
Cut it. Burn it off. Then tie a prusik knot on the other portion so you have a way to tension the cord in the case of the football clamp coming off in the field.