Haa anyone tried this?

Hello to all.

I have been trying a pair of Kenetrek Everstep boots. Size 11.5 wide. Left foot is able to get locked in pretty well. Right, well there is some heel slippage. I have a pair of 11 wide and they do not fit my larger foot, the left.

I have done this before with other boots, but not 10" stiff boots.

It basically pushes the heel back eliminating slippage. I also put an ankle pad on the inside.

I'm trying this because it eliminates really cranking down on the laces, and the pressure. Yes, I have every lock lacing. Heavy thick socks don't work as well. Live in the SE.

My question is has anyone done this before?
If so has it worked for you?
I used some remanents of a foam pad. No I'm going to use this as a final color (lol) just wanted to see if it works.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20220424_110721.jpg
    20220424_110721.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220424_110616.jpg
    20220424_110616.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220424_110610.jpg
    20220424_110610.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 48
Neat idea. Stylish too!
I’ve never tried that but I’ll keep the trick in mind if I have the same problem down the road 🤘

kjw

WKR
Interesting idea. I’ll have to try it. I tend to over tighten and get to much pressure on top of my foot. You’d think I’d learn but…..

madcalfe

WKR
lace them up different i use the kennetrek orthopedics and have to lace them up a certain way. at the first lace hook do a surgeons knot then run the laces to the top lace hook and lace them down the boot tying the knot in the middle. if that makes sence

OP
O
lace them up different i use the kennetrek orthopedics and have to lace them up a certain way. at the first lace hook do a surgeons knot then run the laces to the top lace hook and lace them down the boot tying the knot in the middle. if that makes sence
I have tried that lacing pattern with 6", 8" but not 10-inch stiff hunting boots. I'll give it a shot.
I do know exactly what pattern you are talking about.
I could ask you many questions about this boot, but I don't want to derail my own thread ;).

OP
O
This is really interesting. Does this cause any pressure points on the front/top of your foot?
No, if anything it takes the pressure off a really tight hulk lacing and spreads it over a wider area. It does not have to cover the whole tongue as I did. It can just cover the ankle area. I'm just trying to get the foot pushed back more into the boot heel area. It is not ideal but with the feet I have, I need to do what I can.

OP
O
I just stick a thicker insole in my boots, or even double up on insoles if needed
Thanks, I will try some flat Spenco cushioned insoles that I have lying around. I have tried double socks. The summers here are humid and hot. So no bueno. In the winter I will.

OP
O
Thank you all for your help and comments.
Please keep the suggestions coming.
They really are appreciated!!
Thanks

madcalfe

WKR
order a set of super feet trailer blazers, they have little cups in them for your heel are a little thinker of a insole so they will take up a little more space than stock insoles. i literally use these in every boot from snowboarding boots, motocross boots, to my hunting boots.