Gunsmith for 22CM Rechamber

I'm starting a 22 Creedmoor project based on a .22-250 Tikka T3, and want to get a couple barrels set up simultaneously--cut to 16.5", rechambered, muzzle threaded. I only have parts replacers local to me, no real gunsmiths. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith they would trust for the work?

@Formidilosus previously recommended Shaen @Shooter71 in another thread on 22CM, but is not taking new work according to their site.

My plan is to buy a new rifle, send it to the gunsmith direct from seller, and send the 'smith two .223 takeoff barrels that I have. That way I'm set for the foreseeable, barrel-burning future.

Thanks!

OP
Still looking for recommendations.

I called a place in Tucson and their prices were a bit high:
  • $160 to cut, crown, thread
    • not out of line in my experience
  • $360 just to rechamber a single barrel with a set back to clean chamber
    • a price I would say is typical of cutting new barrel threads, chamber, and crown

Last edited:

Axlrod

WKR
Still looking for recommendations.

I called a place in Tucson and their prices were a bit high:
  • $160 to cut, crown, thread
    • not out of line in my experience
  • $360 just to rechamber a single barrel with a set back to clean chamber
    • a price I would say is typical of cutting new barrel threads, chamber, and crown
For $500 you can get a threaded barrel from Prefered, and sell your barrel to fund part of it.

Flea21

Lil-Rokslider
LongRifles, Inc have done good work for me in the past… they have more reamers than I can count and prices are fair as far as chambering goes. When you get into additional work like stock fitting, etc. things can get out of control quickly but the quality of their work is rock solid.