GRS Bifrost

Wapiti1

WKR
What are folks thoughts on this stock? Not a lot of options for the LA Savage I finished building and I don't want a chassis.

This one looks workable. Anyone have one that can share your likes and dislikes?

Jeremy

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They look nice, but I was always worried the funkiness would be a bad fit so I never tried one.

I just settled for a Boyds or HS precision take off when I ran Savage. With pillars and bedding the Boyds did well for me. Bedding the HS helped too.

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
It's in a Keystone (similar to a Boyds sporter style) that I want to move another action into. This is for a .338 RUM build. I forgot HS makes a LA stock.

Honestly, the GRS look is appealing simply because it is weird. Its like seeing liver on a menu in a restaurant. If it's on there, its good or they wouldn't bother. I suspect that stock is really easy to get behind.

Jeremy

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's in a Keystone (similar to a Boyds sporter style) that I want to move another action into. This is for a .338 RUM build. I forgot HS makes a LA stock.

Honestly, the GRS look is appealing simply because it is weird. Its like seeing liver on a menu in a restaurant. If it's on there, its good or they wouldn't bother. I suspect that stock is really easy to get behind.

Jeremy
I had a HS on my long action and it was the best Savage rifle I put together. I had a Proof prefit in 7 mag on it with a Sav 2 trigger. It shot just as well as my other rifles. Just was missing the finer points of discerning tastes, lol. I put the barrel on a Nucleus action and sold it to a buddy. Groups were identical to my ugly lovable Savage.

Sboliver

FNG
Not many options for savage la in a light weight stock. Would also be interest in the the GRS stock if anyone has any experience to to share with it

RMM

WKR
I have a tikka 300 win mag in a bifrost. Overall I like it. Its not the lightest stock in the world but I'm a fan of the ergonomics. Shoulders nicely offhand and comfortable shooting prone as well.

Just picked up a Bifrost for my Browning x bolt in 300wsm. Love the ergonomics and shoulders well. Adjustability is really nice although the buttons are a little stiff. As long as you aren’t constantly tweaking your cheek weld height it will work well. Waiting for bedding and trigger upgrade at the gunsmith and I will let you know how the real world tests go when I get it back.

OP
W

Wapiti1

WKR
Just to update this. I did get one for that rifle. I like it. Complaints are the trigger reach is a little long and it's on the heavy side.

Grip position is good. Adjustability is great. Didn't need to be bedded after a little sanding here and there to get a good fit. For the money, it is a lot of stock and the adjustability is great.

Jeremy