Ground hunting pays off again

Well it happened again. It started 5 days ago when I took my 3 year old daughter on her first "hunt." We walked around behind the house and sat on a high spot and glassed for a short time. During that time, not only did I glass up a buck, but a nice buck that was coming out of the standing corn. He fed away from us, but it was a promising sight.
Fast forward 3 days and my 2 year old son and I were running some errands. We took the long way home to look for deer. On our way, we spotted the buck in the same spot, feeding the same direction he was 3 days prior. That was enough information for me to make a move.
The next evening I set up on the ground, in a shrub tree on the fence line that the buck had walked the previous day. I cleared some lanes through the weeds and laid in waiting. Almost 2 hours before dark, the buck was up and coming right down the fence line. He came right in front of me before I slowly drew back and stopped him at 15 yards. The arrow was true and the buck took off into the standing corn. I had great blood and the buck was dead within 150 yards.
This is the 4th buck in 5 years ive shot from the ground. I absolutely love the flexibility of staying mobile and not being stuck to one specific spot when hunting from a stand or blind.

Screenshot_20221014-211350_Gallery.jpg

Well it happened again. It started 5 days ago when I took my 3 year old daughter on her first "hunt." We walked around behind the house and sat on a high spot and glassed for a short time. During that time, not only did I glass up a buck, but a nice buck that was coming out of the standing corn. He fed away from us, but it was a promising sight.
Fast forward 3 days and my 2 year old son and I were running some errands. We took the long way home to look for deer. On our way, we spotted the buck in the same spot, feeding the same direction he was 3 days prior. That was enough information for me to make a move.
The next evening I set up on the ground, in a shrub tree on the fence line that the buck had walked the previous day. I cleared some lanes through the weeds and laid in waiting. Almost 2 hours before dark, the buck was up and coming right down the fence line. He came right in front of me before I slowly drew back and stopped him at 15 yards. The arrow was true and the buck took off into the standing corn. I had great blood and the buck was dead within 150 yards.
This is the 4th buck in 5 years ive shot from the ground. I absolutely love the flexibility of staying mobile and not being stuck to one specific spot when hunting from a stand or blind.

View attachment 463674
Great buck Dude congratulations!

TN2shot07

WKR
Damn, maybe I need to give it a shot on the ground with my bow. Congrats on a great buck!

Congrats! Ground hunting whitetails seems to be a bit of a lost art. When I was hunting as a teenager, archery hunting was hitting its stride and ground hunting was every bit the norm tree stand hunting was. Tree saddles are great. But there is not always a tree where you need to be. And the simplicity and flexibility of sitting the ground can’t be beat.

Xbow hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Waldrop pac seat for ground hunting public land this year. I have been able to get closer than I expected to just by leaning a couple fallen limbs up around me to help break up my outline. Now if I can just get something other than does and yearlings to come by.

I love it,I predict that it will be the new fad as soon as the saddle/ultra small stand phase cools down.
You just get a different feeling when you are ground level.

View attachment 463674
Amazing buck!!

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
you give me hope. It's been a steep learning curve for me on the ground. Lots of **** ups. But I'm learning

Schnee

FNG
Hell yeah. Been trying to incorporate more ground setups in my strategy the past few years

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic buck. I'm attempting some ground hunting this year while taking the kids out. It is definitely a skill I need to continue to improve upon, and setting up in the right location.