Grizzly stick TDT arrows or Easton FMJ

DuckDogDr

WKR
planning on getting a compound soon. Been shooting traditional for forever but I’ve had a bug up my butt to try one.

In my traditional bow I’ve always shot the Gold tip traditional blems. Been happy numerous pigs and a caribou have succumb to them.

Considering the Grizzlysticks or Eastons

27.5” Draw, shooting 65 lbs ish and a single bevel broad head

Of those two options, I would reluctantly choose FMJ's.

GrizzlyStiks are way overpriced and have poor concentricity. Don't buy into the tapered shaft hype (like I did).

I would also avoid FMJ's due to bending concerns.

IMO a medium density standard diameter (6.5mm/.244-.246") arrow is the best choice for the majority of bowhunters. They're relatively inexpensive and are compatible with simple, durable flanged inserts. Examples of such shafts include Black Eagle Outlaw, Easton 6.5mm Acu-Carbon, Gold Tip Hunter, Victory VForce.

Last edited:
OP
D

DuckDogDr

WKR
Of those two options, I would reluctantly choose FMJ's.

GrizzlyStiks are way overpriced and have poor concentricity. Don't buy into the tapered shaft hype (like I did).

I would also avoid FMJ's due to bending concerns.

IMO a medium density standard diameter (6.5mm/.244-.246") arrow is the best choice for the majority of bowhunters. They're relatively inexpensive and are compatible with simple, durable flanged inserts. Examples of such shafts include Black Eagle Outlaw, Easton 6.5mm Acu-Carbon, Gold Tip Hunter, Victory VForce.
I will check out the Gold Tips as have had success with them using my Satori. Got a complete pass through shot on my caribou at 34 yards.

Of those 2, I would go with a 5mm axis 😉

I despise fmj, and the GS are expensive and don’t have very good consistency, I’m sure they are fine, but they don’t fit the price.

I think the axis is one best hunting shafts ever made, and I don’t currently shoot them, but I’m sure will circle right back

MattB

WKR
I agree on Axis, or potentially the GT equivalent since you have had success with them.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the grizzly stiks and had zero problems with them that was a couple years ago ordered the 650 grain ones killed several deer with them. Never liked the fmj they all bent shooting the target…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk