Grizzly Bears round three...

sneaky

"DADDY"
Montana and Wyoming applications for delisting were accepted, Idaho's wasn't but wasn't expected to be either. They've long since met every recovery goal they were supposed to meet for delisting. Antis want to follow the science, until the science disagrees with them, then it's all emotions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

N.ID7803

WKR
Montana and Wyoming applications for delisting were accepted, Idaho's wasn't but wasn't expected to be either. They've long since met every recovery goal they were supposed to meet for delisting. Antis want to follow the science, until the science disagrees with them, then it's all emotions.

I was curious why Idaho failed to submit any data to support their application. Anyone have any insight?
@Howl For Wildlife?

sneaky

"DADDY"
I was curious why Idaho failed to submit any data to support their application. Anyone have any insight?
@Howl For Wildlife?
I think the Feds were pissed that the Governor threatened to sue them for not responding within their allotted 90 day window. They were over 7 months late in responding. They didn't supply data because state data on actual numbers, and what the Feds are saying are here in Idaho don't come close to matching. Feds say there's only 50 griz in the whole panhandle, which is interesting considering there's something like 91 collared bears they monitor up there. Idaho most likely figured it would be a waste of time to submit data that wouldn't be considered.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
If I understand this correctly, what they will be doing is conducting a more in-depth study (whatever that means) for another year. More delays, dragging it on again.

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
They’ve been conducting more in depth studies for years.
Northern Yellowstone elk decline
White bark pine studies
Cutworm moth studies
Yellowstone cutty studies