Great Customer Service Zeiss and Leupold

I wanted to post about our hunting trip this past year and some great customer service from some great companies. Our group went to Utah for Mule Deer and Spike Elk. We managed to all get decent Mule Deer and one guy got a Spike. So great successful trip. On day one we were hiking through some dense, tall scrub oak and the cover to one of the guys VX6 battery compartments/Side focus knobs got spun off and lost. We had service where we were and the guy sent a message to Leupold in the field. They subsequently overnighted not 1 but 2 caps and replacement batteries to the cabin we were staying in. Sure the cap shouldn't have come off, but you know what happens and this was awesome service.

I personally am fortunate and have a pair of Zeiss 10x42RF binos. Aside from the performance of these things, the service from Zeiss is great. On this trip the right ocular focus ring became loose. I am not sure how this happened but it did. When we got back from the trip I contacted Zeiss, filled out a RMA and sent them in. I was told they were going to back to Germany for repair and it should take 6 weeks. Today a brand new pair showed up at my house.

We all spend a lot of money on our gear. When stuff goes wrong it's important to get god service. I wanted to share these positive stories with everyone.

n8tivenv

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a similar experience with Zeiss, lost the hinge cap on a pair of 10x42 FL's. Called the US service number and they shipped a new cap free of charge the same day.

dtrkyman

WKR
Iv’e had excellent dealings with Leupold warranty/CS as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49ereric

WKR
Leupold replaced my older 10x42 roof prism wind river binocs last summer.
just the leupold bx-1 HD for a replacement but can’t complain.

This is good to hear. I also have had nothing but great service from Leupold.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
For all of their in field performance shortcomings, Leupold has always had great CS. They’ve always been slow for us, but always taken great care of us.