Great Clothing Info!

OP
B

bearguide

luke should know, he plays in alaska outdoors alot

luke moffat

Super Moderator
HAHA, well been using an eVent jacket for integral designs pretty exclusively for most of the past two years with a pair of el cheapo Cabelas dry plus pants that have lasted an amazing 7 years, who woulda thought huh?

Though end of last season I did manage to get a hunt with some Kuiu Raingear under my belt...needless to say I am excited about the up coming season to put them through the ringer a bit more as I am very impressed. Still will likely run the ID eVent for my summer hiking/scouting as its a bit lighter, but for hunting I think this Chugach stuff will be the ticket.

Thanks. I am seriously looking hard at the chugach gear. Would you recommend the top or bottoms if you could only buy one? My concern is that it is a lot of coin to drop on pants that I am going to beat the brush with. Thoughts on that?

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Without a doubt if you can only purchase one, make it the top. I have gone on several hunting and backpacking trips where I don't even bring rain pants and just get my pants wet which always dry out in the tent overnight and wear my long johns in the tent once I get to my camping locale for the night. There are several good options for pants for less coin I'd suggest if you can only afford the Chugach jacket right now.