Got my Kifaru, but how do I...?

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Bikini frame and T2 bag arrived!! Played with it a little, and it looks great. Looking forward to the times when I can use it in the woods.

Couple of questions did come up as I was looking at it. First, my previous pack had a clip to hang my Platypus (think is is called a Hoser) water 'bottle' from. The T2 has a sewn in fabric loop, but not a clip. I'm sure I can rig up something, but maybe there is a way it should be done that I don't know about. What is the best way to hang a water 'bottle' in this pack?

I also got a medium sized belt pouch with the pack. I attached it to the hip belt, but the bottom clips now dangle and ring like little chimes, as they aren't attached to anything. I see they are there so they can be attached, both top and bottom, to the sides of the main pack. If I'm attaching the pouch to the hip belt only, should I cut these off? Tape them together so they don't rattle? What is the best solution for this?

cmeier117

WKR
I never noticed a rattle and that is how I have mine, you could either wrap some duct tape around them or attach the bottom one to the webbing as well, it cuts down on the Cu inches but would solve your problem, I can't remember if there is a a tab loop to hang a bladder or not? I think their is just the pouch along the back of the pack to put your bladder in.

weaver

WKR
I cut the bottom sliders off my belt pouches. Some tape them i believe.

littlebuf

Banned
ive had a med belt pouch hanging of my T1 for a year and many ,many miles now and I never heard those sliders rattle. probably a non issue it just looks like one. and ive always just dropped my water bladder in the pocket, seems to ride fine, I also have the bottom of that pocket stuffed with my game bags and contractor bag, so hanging would be kinda redundant anyway.it just rides on that stuff

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The new pouches have two pieces of metal for a better hold on the tactical packs. If your not attaching them to the main bag just cut the bottom two off.

OP
Bigfeet

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
I must have the new pouches, as mentioned by Ryan, as they do 'chime' as you move. I might cut them off, but I'm going to make sure I want the pouch on the hipbelt and not the main pack, before doing that. I might rig up a clip to hang the water pouch off the tab that is there. Hanging it, I think, might be better to avoid any vaccum issues (water not getting through a kinked tube).

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big feet, cut the larger slider off of the belt pouches, added weight and serve no purpose for us in the hunting line. I use a small caribiner to hang my hoser in the dt3.

Slim Jim

WKR
I have the 3L zip platy and it sits in the pouch nicely no matter how much water is in it. No need to hold it up with any connection.

OP
Bigfeet

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Cut the larger slider off - perfect idea. Those larger sliders are redundant for my use. A small carabiner is also a perfect idea. I will probably use that exact system. Thanks Drhorsepower!