Good smaller backpack for my son

I am looking for a (relatively) inexpensive framed backpack for my son. If we tag out an elk this fall he won’t be packing out 100# loads, probably more like 30# so I don’t need a load shelf. I was thinking something non hunting branded (i.e., not Exo, KIUI, Kifaru, etc). He has been training with me and when I load up the non-framed backpack (one of my old packs that is actually a photography backpack - don’t laugh, it’s what I had lying around) with more than 20# it really sags and is hard for him to carry even with the waist belt. So I’d like a pack he can train with (load 30# or so) as well as having some functionality to help me and my other son pack out meat. Can be an actual camping/hiking brand of pack as I’m not picky about that, only that it be able to fit his body (he’s 11 years old) until he shows me he’s dedicated enough (and large enough) for a full size hunting pack.

Osprey Ace 50L packs have been great for my kids starting at age 10 or so. I got all 3 for half price during random sales from various online stores. They’re very adjustable, lightweight, surprisingly durable, and carry weight well.
d9350d7831049997f2eecb64a294cbd2.jpg

13b34979243331b7bfde0991ef5c2bdd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaultman

WKR
I to have an old Osprey Ace, that I picked up for my 12 yo daughter. I don't think it is 50L. Probably more like 35L, but it is an older model. It is a good pack, and I am sure it could hold 30# comfortably.