Good Problem to have?

Here we go, application season is full swing. The group of hunters I head out west with is a great group of guys. Emotions never get to high, or to low and they grind. There's no quit in these fellas. With that said, here's my dilemma. Would six elk tags be to much for fall 2023? We will be heading to Colorado and I won't be able to draw a bull tag. I'll be burning my points for a cow tag, is this worth it? Also in two years these guys will be heading to Utah, I have zero points in Utah. I thought maybe I should just grab another preference point, that way I'd be able to pull a bull tag in a couple years. I should also add that I am Primarily a meat hunter and while I'd love a huge mount on my wall meat is the drive.

just curious what fellow hunters would do.

Get the PP an then try to pick up the cow tag on 2nd draw or left over list. If not go and have fun and help your buddies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Check the draw odds. Is this a tag you can pick up on 2nd draw or over the counter?

If you want to hunt then go. If you don’t care about the horns then get the cow tag.

All in what YOU want to do. It’s about the hunt and the trip. I was in camp one year with no tag. I still had a blast and would do it again if I had too.

OP
Ferkinator
Check the draw odds. Is this a tag you can pick up on 2nd draw or over the counter?

If you want to hunt then go. If you don’t care about the horns then get the cow tag.

All in what YOU want to do. It’s about the hunt and the trip. I was in camp one year with no tag. I still had a blast and would do it again if I had too.
draw odds for 2nd draw are 0%.
I've been leaning toward PP but my group is trying to get me to grab a tag. Mostly they want anybody that has a bull tag to have a cow tag paired with them. Either way I know I'd for sure have fun.