Good lightweight small bino harness setups?

PLO5

WKR
Hello all,
Have been running 32mm binoculars several years now but it’s a challenge to find a bino harness setup that isn’t too big and heavy for a small binocular. Currently using Kuiu original style for the weight aspect but have too much room for el 10x32 and would like a new route that’s sub 10 ounces. Anyone found anything solid out there? Thanks

Tahoe1305

WKR
RYO is as light and simple as it gets. A few other companies make things just like it. $20. 1oz.

LandYacht

WKR
Check out the BinoBro from Oregon Pack Works. I’ve been using their systems for the last 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
You might look for large size original kuiu, I use them with 8x30 Swarovski companion cl and the fit is great.

prm

WKR
I run Swaro 8x30 binos so I feel your pain. I’ve tried a number of harnesses (Kuiu Pro, Marsupial, AGC, FHF). The FHF small is the best I’ve found. I do like the Marsupial, but the top of my binos were full of dust and debris this year. I don’t want a lot of extra stuff in my bino harness so I prefer the smallest possible. FHF is redesigning their ‘compact’ and I’m waiting to see what they release. In the meantime I‘ve gone back to using my rather old FHF small.

edit: I also just picked up the FHF pack suspension kit and really like that. I don’t ever hunt without my pack so I like the ability to not have one more harness to remove when changing layering. I can keep a Rick Young in the pocket if I ever wanted to to take my binos without the pack.

Last edited:

tdot

WKR
I run Swaro 8x30 binos so I feel your pain. I’ve tried a number of harnesses (Kuiu Pro, Marsupial, AGC, FHF). The FHF small is the best I’ve found. I do like the Marsupial, but the top of my binos were full of dust and debris this year. I don’t want a lot of extra stuff in my bino harness so I prefer the smallest possible. FHF is redesigning their ‘compact’ and I’m waiting to see what they release. In the meantime I‘ve gone back to using my rather old FHF small.

edit: I also just picked up the FHF pack suspension kit and really like that. I don’t ever hunt without my pack so I like the ability to not have one more harness to remove when changing layering. I can keep a Rick Young in the pocket if I ever wanted to to take my binos without the pack.

Thanks for the info regarding the FHF Compact. Please keep us updated if you get that one. I'm also looking for a smaller case for my 8x32el.

Homemeade paracord harness that the RYO is based on, for me. Weighs about 1 oz. total and comfortably carries even my 10x42's.

One thing I really love about paracord harnesses is that you can wrap the paracord around the bins and still fit them in their case. I hate harnesses that turn a binocular case into an octopus.

TBHasler

WKR
I use 8x32 binos and have used the Outdoor Vision harness/case for last 2 years. I think they are small size but fit binos easily and have a little extra room without being too big. These have the top that flips forward and i can do everything needed with one hand. These would also hold most standard 10x42s but would be snug with no extra wiggle room. slim profile is great for archery as well.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I run my EL 8x32 in the smallest size of the Cabela's Badlands bino case, 7"x6.5"x3". Its a good fit, a little tight with the winged eye cups if you have those. I have another larger version for other binos. These cases don't get much love on here, but I like them. The biggest negative is the magnetic closure can snap shut, making noise. I always close it with a finger tip inside and it is then very quiet. Durable, no bouncing, completely sealed to keep glass clean and dry.

Rusty85

WKR
I looked these up and like the concept. Do they work well with 10x42’s? I saw a comment on Amazon that said they were a little too snug for that size. Thanks in advance!

I use them with 10x42 Leica’s without any issues.

tdot

WKR
I looked these up and like the concept. Do they work well with 10x42’s? I saw a comment on Amazon that said they were a little too snug for that size. Thanks in advance!

It's the size of the user that would make them too snug. Not the size of the bino 😉

tdot

WKR
I tried the Rick Young earlier in the season.

Two complaints that I had right away, and wasnt able to resolve, quickly enough to continue using them, I'll try to solve over the winter. The attachments are way too loud, thinking about replacing them. Also the adjustment at the back was interfering with my backpack, I need to adjust it away from the backpack suspension.

The bino's also felt very exposed, and I wasnt convinced with the shower cap/dust cover. I was thinking about trying a thicker material, but that may just be psychological and take some getting used to.

gregory r

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with tdot about the attatchment clips being loud. They are silent with the weight of the bino hanging, but when I pull them up to use them, they rattle.

BBob

WKR
I tried the Rick Young earlier in the season.

Two complaints that I had right away, and wasnt able to resolve, quickly enough to continue using them, I'll try to solve over the winter. The attachments are way too loud, thinking about replacing them. Also the adjustment at the back was interfering with my backpack, I need to adjust it away from the backpack suspension.

The bino's also felt very exposed, and I wasnt convinced with the shower cap/dust cover. I was thinking about trying a thicker material, but that may just be psychological and take some getting used to.
Didn't like the split rings from the get go and never used them. I used 2.5mm cord commonly used for tent guy outs. Made up a couple of loops and works like a champ. I have multiple pairs setup like this.

I use the shower cap only for packing the glass in the pack for things like heavy pack outs where I don't need the glass around my neck. I use an old Zeiss occular cover over the NL's. I use it because it goes on and off far easier than the OEM Swaro. Never worried about exposure beyond that.

Attachments

• 5FFF6E13-6B84-4D40-8685-8A3B662A3AC6.jpeg
    5FFF6E13-6B84-4D40-8685-8A3B662A3AC6.jpeg
    393.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: