Gold tip Ballistic Collar

Rocky723

FNG
I’ve decided to run the Goldtip Ballistic Collar on my Easton Axis 5mm shafts. Everything is compatible however I don’t know what size would be the correct size for 300 spine arrows. On GT website when ordering the collar you pick what spine you are shooting and that correlates to an outer diameter on the kinetic series. That’s not super important though. I was wondering if the 300 spine collars would fit the Easton axis 5mm. The kinetic series in 300 spine have an OD of .274 while the 300 spine axis 5mm have an OD of .275. Would the collars that fit on the kinetic series also fit on the axis arrows or is that .001 difference going to make it not fit?

Ethics sleeves are cheaper, us made, and he has a filter on the website that tells you exactly which size you need.....

Aren’t you shooting 65 pounds? 300 spine will be way stiff at your draw length.
I shoot a 27” Easton axis 300 spine arrow with black eagle in/out and a standard hit behind it. Arrows are 500 grains and shot out of my 80# bow with 29.5” draw length.

OP
R

Rocky723

FNG
Aren’t you shooting 65 pounds? 300 spine will be way stiff at your draw length.
I shoot a 27” Easton axis 300 spine arrow with black eagle in/out and a standard hit behind it. Arrows are 500 grains and shot out of my 80# bow with 29.5” draw length.
I am shooting 65 pounds at 27” and will be shooting 340 spine Easton Axis 5mm with no collar but this is for my dad who is shooting 72 pounds at 29”. He’s not very tech friendly so I’m asking on his behalf.

300 spine Kinetic collars will likely work on a 300 spine Axis 5mm, but there's no way to know for sure without trying it. The Kinetic collars should be slightly oversized to accomodate a slip fit (i.e., their ID should be slightly larger than .274"). Depending on how much they're oversized, they may or may not also slip onto an Axis shaft. If not, you'll have to do some light sanding on the Axis shaft to make the Kinetic collars fit.

Iron Will and Ethics Archery would be alternative sources for collars but at 2-3 times the cost of GT Kinetic collars.

You might be able to sand .001 of the Easton if necessary.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Pine Ridge Archery, Sevr Broadheads, Bloodline Fibers, Element Arrows

galamb

FNG
You can sand it "a hair" to make it fit.

I run the Ethics on my Victory VAP TKO's and it's "standard practice" to sand a little bit for the snug fit (according to the Ethics install video)