Go from Leica 10x42HD-Bs to Zeiss HT 10x42s + Leica 1600B?

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have the Leica 10x42HD-Bs.

I find them clear and nice, colorful, but a bit lacking when viewing for game in the mountains..? I have looked through the HTs and FLs, and have owned Zeiss RFs and the old Zeiss Classic 10x40s.
I find the Zeiss is better at distinquising bedded down animals aso on the longer distances?
Anyone else found this?

I also have a swaro 20-60x65 spotter, for assessing game at distances, and an old Zeiss Dialyt 7x42B*T* (1990s) for use in the woodland and at night.

Contemplating going over to two units again, getting a better (?) binocular for the big country, and beeing able to bring the rangefinder with me along with the other units and while bowhunting.

Decisions decisions...

handwerk

WKR
Have you looked at the swarovision EL's? to my eyes an amazing view.....I've had them for 3 years now and like them more every day.

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
I have had a look at them, and actually prefer the cooler look of the Zeiss. But, Swaros are top notch too, no doubt!

You don't want the Leica 1600B for bowhunting as the horizontal distance correction feature only works OVER 110 yards or so. I made that mistake, and luckily my dealer swapped me for a 1000R that angle corrects down to 10 yds or so.

WRO

WKR
You don't want the Leica 1600B for bowhunting as the horizontal distance correction feature only works OVER 110 yards or so. I made that mistake, and luckily my dealer swapped me for a 1000R that angle corrects down to 10 yds or so.

1000r and Victory ht's or SLC HD's.

For big country, I actually prefer the 12x50ELs.

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried the Zeiss SF (and compared IT to the HT)?

Seems like a good pair of binos for mounts.

I find the 12x50 swarovision a bit too heavy.

WRO

WKR
Has anyone tried the Zeiss SF (and compared IT to the HT)?

Seems like a good pair of binos for mounts.

I find the 12x50 swarovision a bit too heavy.

I spent a little time evaluating them, they seem really muted compared to the HT's, also I wasn't hugely impressed with the eye cups.

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
What in particular made the HTs stand out?

I've heard mixed reviews on both

WRO

WKR
What in particular made the HTs stand out?

I've heard mixed reviews on both

The HT's were clearer, brighter, and did colors way better IMHO. I was not impressed with the SF's for the money, they felt cheaply made and muted. Like you were looking into room with the dimmer switch on the lights turned down a fuzz. I looked throuhg a couple of pairs and felt the same way about both sets. I had the HTs, Leicas, and Swaros side by side with them.

I use swaros almost exclusively and the HT's were the first set of glass I've looked through that I would purchase at the same pricepoint as a set of Swaros. I wouldn't sell my ELs to buy them, but they are very very good.

OP
V

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for a thorough answer!

Here in Norway the HT is priced low compared to swaro ELs.

I was a Swarovski man for years and switched to the Zeiss Victory HT two years ago and don't regret it.
There's not a better hunting binocular in the world, jmo.
The combination of the HT lens and Abbe-Konig prisms can't be beat in a hunting binocular.
Swarovski, Leica, and Nikon's are close but I prefer the HTs overall.