GMU 22 Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy and I will be hunting elk in Colorado GMU 22 during the first week of September this year. I will be headed out for a long weekend to scout in a couple of weeks and again in few weeks after that. These are the only times for scouting and hunting that will fit into the schedule this year. I haven't been out to 22 yet. Any advice about this unit (other than it's busy and winter kill) would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you are willing to chat privately too.

We have good equipment and don't mind hiking in a few miles and staying there for several days if it means a better chance.

We had success getting a muley buck last year in Unit 8 during second rifle. If anyone needs some info about 7/8 let me know.

Thanks,
Rick

WKR
Don't hike in and stay a while unless you hike in and find elk. If the elk aren't there, go to where they're at.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.