Glassing into Timber and Shadows

SLC 15s (or SLC 10s) slow and steady; literally pick everything apart. I repeat this process until I find something that I want to pursue or I run out of legal light. The spotter comes out as needed for confirmations and/or clarifications.

Last edited:

BluMtn

WKR
12x50 swaro's. They will cut through timber and shadows. I look for ears, parts of antlers, or a leg. It seams like you will not see the whole animal unless you are sitting in the right spot, I usually find a part of the animal and then set there until it moves enough to determine what and how big of animal I am looking at. Then you figure out how you are going to get a shot.

SLC 15s slow and steady; literally pick everything apart. I repeat this process until I find something that I want to pursue or I run out of legal light. The spotter comes out as needed for confirmations and/or clarifications.
This^

I do the same, use slc15s on tripod. Break the landscape into grids and go through them all and then when I’ve moved over the whole landscape, do it again after a few minutes to let my eyes relax.