Glassing from a treestand for rifle elk

I was wondering if anyone has used treestands simply for the use of glassing. My hunting area consists mostly of logging areas with a mix of clearcuts of various ages, reprod and mature timber. The most common techniques around here are road hunting and glassing clearcuts. I am curious though about some of the older clearcuts with brush and smaller trees planted in them that are pretty much impossible to glass from the ground. I have scouted some of these types of areas and have found good elk sign and it appears they can feed just like in a normal fresher clearcut, but they have the seclusion from the taller growth surrounding them blocking the view from hunters glassing from roads and logging landings. My theory is to setup a treestand on the edge of a more mature timber over looking one of these thicker clearcuts where I can have the advantage of height and look down into the vegetation and spot elk. And if they were close enough I could harvest them from the stand or at least pinpoint them and try to stalk within shooting range.
I was mainly just wondering if anyone has used a similar tactic for rifle elk especially in thicker more timbered country. I feel like it could potentially work because I am not aware of any other hunter who hunts this way and the elk could feel much safer in these types of areas and could be more easily targeted. I'm interested in hearing your thoughts thanks.

2ski

WKR
I think what you're considering has some possibilities. Try it out and see what happens.