Ghost Gun / 80% lowers law change

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
Likely a touchy topic, but in case anyone isn't tracking it, they are working to change some laws dealing with "ghost guns". So it might be a good time to pick up a few lowers if you are needing one before the law changes! Sounds like a more formal announcement is coming this afternoon when the new ATF director today.

Ghost Gun Law change

For the record I absolutely don't own "one"....;)

Buzby

WKR
He can try to pass this but it will still have to go to Congress. Will be challenging at minimum to pass.
Historically the ATF has made changes without confessional approval. Is there something different here?

bsnedeker

WKR
I looked into an 80% lower a few years ago. It seemed like a lot of work. I ended up just buying a handful of lowers for future builds for like 50 bucks each.

Of course that was all before that tragic boating accident.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I looked into an 80% lower a few years ago. It seemed like a lot of work. I ended up just buying a handful of lowers for future builds for like 50 bucks each.

Of course that was all before that tragic boating accident.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That's crazy. I lost my 80's and jig in a boating accident too. Maybe they were on the same boat as yours?

Moserkr

WKR
They are going to require “precursor” parts to have serial numbers, including anything that can be made into a gun. Its why 80% was the standard before they got their panties in a bunch. So is every single piece of a gun going to have a serial number?? How will that be tracked/regulated? How do you put a serial number on a tiny spring? On top of that, the block of aluminum, steel, or titanium purchased and stuck into a cnc machine, will that have a serial number from a regular old metal shop? Are they firearms dealers now? Whos the judge of that?

Its never been pulled off to outlaw building your own guns because you literally cannot stop it. Grab your popcorn, cant wait to read how they word this pile of clown shit.

OP
J

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone see or read the speech? Comparing buying and assembling a couch to assembling a 100% done gun is laughable.

MTWop

Lil-Rokslider
I get that you’re making it out to be an all or none issue. If you’re against the regulation of ghost and full automatic weapons, that somehow makes somebody a picket waving anti. Most people fall in the middle (including me). I’m not apologizing for my opinion and neither should you