German Meindls sizing

Has anyone ordered German Meindls and can help with sizing? It's pretty confusing. Most manufacturers list a size chart where the UK size is one less than the US size, so for example a 11UK would be 12US. This is the size chart I've found from Meindl - sizes, which would suggest an 11.5UK for a 12US.

I don't know if this is any help but I just got a pair of Hanwags in 10US - 9UK and they are true to a size ten IMO. I have had two pair of the Cabelas Meindles that I had to get a half size smaller. 9.5 instead of 10.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I normally wear size 10 US in just about every pair of shoes that I own. I own two pairs of German Meindls, and they're both a size 9 UK (10 US) and both pairs fit me like a glove. If you have any questions about whether they'd fit your feet get ahold of the guys at AJ Brooks in Vancouver, they'll get you to measure your feet and then let you know whether the boot would be a good fit or not.

RallySquirrel

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if this would apply to the German models but I think they changed their sizing for the Cabelas versions. I have owned 3 different pairs and models of their boots and a size 10 always fit me perfect. However, he last pair I purchased (this May) were a 1/2 size too big. I tried on 3 different pairs and they were all the same. I asked someone at the story and they said there was no "press release" but they had several people mention the same thing. Who knows, maybe my new diet regimen is working better than I hoped...

Still love the boots!

OP
G
I normally wear size 10 US in just about every pair of shoes that I own. I own two pairs of German Meindls, and they're both a size 9 UK (10 US) and both pairs fit me like a glove. If you have any questions about whether they'd fit your feet get ahold of the guys at AJ Brooks in Vancouver, they'll get you to measure your feet and then let you know whether the boot would be a good fit or not.

Intersting according to Meindls chart a 9 UK is 9 1/2 US. AJ Brooks thought I should go 11.5 UK when I wear a 12US so who knows. I'll just have to bite the bullet and order a pair I just don't want to lose a bunch of money on shipping if they don't fit.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
I wear size 12 in just about every boot/shoe there is and my Meindls are an 11.5 and fit like a glove. If your buying from aj Brooks trace your foot on a piece of cardboard and send it in, they will make sure it fits right. Don't confuse the cabelas crap with the real thing they are totally different beasts.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

OP
G
I wear size 12 in just about every boot/shoe there is and my Meindls are an 11.5 and fit like a glove. If your buying from aj Brooks trace your foot on a piece of cardboard and send it in, they will make sure it fits right. Don't confuse the cabelas crap with the real thing they are totally different beasts.

goatboy - are you saying you wear a size 12 US in every boot shoe, and 11.5 UK in Meindls?

I have worked with AJ Brooks and sent them a trace of my foot.

thanks

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I wear an 11 US in Merrell, Salomon and Lowa. I got a pair of Meindl Alaskan Hunter in 11 US and after wearing a while they were just a tad big, took them back and got a 10.5 US and they are perfect. Of course I got mine at Cabelas, I didnt know the ones they sold are crap..

Trial153

WKR
I had a pair of island hunters for years, also had the Cabela's Denali....call me crazy but I didn't see a lick of difference in the quality of the two

Ramshead

Lil-Rokslider
goathunter: If you haven't placed your order yet with AJ Brooks, I would strongly suggest you call Larry Fisher at Fishers Home Hardware in Vernon B.C. He has a good inventory and even better prices. Larry has been a Meindl dealer for over 20 years and is an old sheep hunter to boot.

OP
G
goathunter: If you haven't placed your order yet with AJ Brooks, I would strongly suggest you call Larry Fisher at Fishers Home Hardware in Vernon B.C. He has a good inventory and even better prices. Larry has been a Meindl dealer for over 20 years and is an old sheep hunter to boot.

Thanks Ramshead, good to know. I think I'll try Cabelas' Meindl first. The thing about ordering boots from BC in the US - if they don't work, you lose the shipping to get them to you, and pay the shipping to return, which adds up to about $75USD. I wish I would have done it when the exchange rate was so crazy. Although it's still pretty good (in the States) - you probably don't want to hear about it! Anyways the US Meindls hopefully will either work for me or give me a better idea on Meindl sizing before I take that gamble.

Bulldawg

WKR

You do realize that the Cabelas boots are made in the exact same factory as the European meindls? And many of the Cabelas boots are identical replicas as the other meindls that you seem to love so much.

Bulldawg

WKR
Thanks Ramshead, good to know. I think I'll try Cabelas' Meindl first. The thing about ordering boots from BC in the US - if they don't work, you lose the shipping to get them to you, and pay the shipping to return, which adds up to about $75USD. I wish I would have done it when the exchange rate was so crazy. Although it's still pretty good (in the States) - you probably don't want to hear about it! Anyways the US Meindls hopefully will either work for me or give me a better idea on Meindl sizing before I take that gamble.

What type of boot are you looking for? I could point you in the direction of which Meindl to look at, I think the description online can be misleading as to what type of boot it is.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
You do realize that the Cabelas boots are made in the exact same factory as the European meindls? And many of the Cabelas boots are identical replicas as the other meindls that you seem to love so much.
Made in the same factory to cabelas specs, which is dictated by price and price is dictated by materials and time spent ie. thickness of letters and double/triple stitching.

Bulldawg

WKR
Made in the same factory to cabelas specs, which is dictated by price and price is dictated by materials and time spent ie. thickness of letters and double/triple stitching.

Don't take offense man but where are your sources? Because they are very misinformed. I can tell you for sure that most of all Cabelas meindl boots are the exact same as the European meindls models with different color midsoles and such. There is 0% difference in quality of the boot.

goatboy

Lil-Rokslider
Don't take offense man but where are your sources? Because they are very misinformed. I can tell you for sure that most of all Cabelas meindl boots are the exact same as the European meindls models with different color midsoles and such. There is 0% difference in quality of the boot.
Side by side comparison between the glockner and the cabelas Alaska hunter (not 100% on the model names). This is all my opinion of course but cabelas doesn't even carry the good ones or a model similar ie Canada pro, Dovre or the Makalu Pro.

OP
G
I don't think a Cabelas Meindls looks a thing like a Island Pro or a Dovre Extreme, they're entirely different and I've read they're built on a different last. Not saying they're not just as good of a boot but you can't tell me a Cabelas Perfekt looks anything remotely like a German Meindl. To me, and this is just my opinion from internet shopping, the German LOOKS like a higher quality boot, often with triple stitching where the Cabelas has double. The next boot I'm going to try, however, is a Cabelas Meindl just because it's easier to try and I'm sure I still a great boot.

Bulldawg

WKR
Side by side comparison between the glockner and the cabelas Alaska hunter (not 100% on the model names). This is all my opinion of course but cabelas doesn't even carry the good ones or a model similar ie Canada pro, Dovre or the Makalu Pro.

I don't think a Cabelas Meindls looks a thing like a Island Pro or a Dovre Extreme, they're entirely different and I've read they're built on a different last. Not saying they're not just as good of a boot but you can't tell me a Cabelas Perfekt looks anything remotely like a German Meindl. To me, and this is just my opinion from internet shopping, the German LOOKS like a higher quality boot, often with triple stitching where the Cabelas has double. The next boot I'm going to try, however, is a Cabelas Meindl just because it's easier to try and I'm sure I still a great boot.

So the Cabelas Denali is the Dovre but without waxed leather and a different color midsole. The Jorasse is the same as the Western Guide boot, the Cabela's model is a different color. The Air Revolution is the same in both, which is what i am wearing now and is a pretty nice boot.

The only difference in the boots is that Cabela's has a relationship with Meindl so they gave them an exclusive in the USA so they put their name on the boots for them, and they can change the colors every now and again.