Gear organization ideas.

Fatcamp

WKR
I like to use a system of piles, black bins, back seat of the truck, camper cupboards, drawers , floor of the closet, and other random places to store gear, that way I get to hunt for my stuff before going hunting

Part of my security system is disorganization. Oh sure, I put my clothes in clear totes, but all the expensive stuff gets scattered around the house and garage at the bottom of piles of random stuff.

Foolproof. If I can't find it the smash and grab folks won't either. 🤪

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I do the bins now, and still hate fishing through them all each hunt. Any other ideas? I have some metal racks, but they once you lay gear on them they fill up fast. There's gotta be a better way than bins.

jayhawk

WKR
I’m running clear bins. They’re great for layering because i can fit a smaller box inside and get it out when dealing with thermals.

Danomite

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread but since it’s the off-season and we’re all thinking about this stuff I’ll just chime in to say I use an assortment of bins and shelving. Clothes stay inside because I’m afraid bugs and rodents might get to them in the garage.

The only original tip I have is don’t let your wife see your bins and shelving or she might think it’s a good idea to start storing Christmas and other holiday stuff in the same place and manner.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Saw this set up for first aid supplies when I volunteered at a local ski clinic, thought it was pretty clever and may do something like this for my gear in the future.

Similar to others, I currently have a variety of bins/totes labeled with duct tape and a sharpie that I store on shelves I built suspended from the ceiling in my garage.

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpeg
    IMG_5643.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 57

Dryfly1

FNG
I have a lot of stuff to organize. Fly fishing/tying Reloading, Duck hunting. Archery. Hunting you get the idea. Work discarded a bunch of 4 drawer horizontal file cabinets and I snagged a half dozen. Combined with shelving and totes I can find my stuff.

2Gbl

Z71&Gun

Lil-Rokslider
My "home office" is actually just a room filled with outdoor gear and a workbench. Workbench is an old desk full of tools with a Tipton gun vise on top. Works for guns and bow. All clothes on hangers and in old dressers. Walls lined with surplus steel bookshelves which hold labeled bins. I also have a wet gear area next to the safe in the garage where I hang waders and waterfowl gear. During duck season I take over half the garage with boot dryers, heaters, and fans blowing on waterfowl gear and blinds.