Garmin recovery score always low

WoodBow

WKR
I don't put too much stock into the accuracy of the recovery data that garmin watches give you, but i am curious why mine is always low. Even when not consuming alcohol for extended periods, it does not improve. I probably average 7.5 hours of sleep during the week and try to get close to 10 on weekends. It does not seem to make a difference. I don't feel like I'm about to drop dead, as it suggest.
8172e3036c036e7ba18cae48d35f8b46.jpg
8ef7da0b22921301bf023a4f32476c75.jpg
bb9c95944d4047f8d47a75c84169bd94.jpg
44c66ea5e0739feb59ca67128f96e05b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Trybendr

FNG
I have the same issue with mine. I like to think it’s wrong and just base my recovery on how I feel.

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
My unscientific take... Don't put too much stock in the number. It's based on a proprietary algorithm, so no way to know for sure how it's calculated. You can tap on the HELP link in the top right corner of the screen and it will explain what goes into the number at a high level.

I really just look at trends overall in the HRV, HR, sleep metrics, but nothing Garmin calculates drives my daily training decisions at all. With that said though, I do get high Body Battery numbers fairly regularly. I wear my watch pretty much all of the time. Both asleep overnight and all day. I get a high reading in the morning and then it goes down during the day. So I'm curious when you are checking the number and if you are wearing your watch while you sleep.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
I wear my watch always. It only comes off to charge about once a month. I am not basing anything off of the values it gives me. I guess my primary interest is if I could change something and actually recover better, I would want to do that.

I would first try cleaning the sensor off (I know that’s pretty obvious to many), and if that doesn’t work, you can always do a factory reset.

I did one on my Fenix 6 a few weeks ago because I was out on a hunt when they brought the HRV online and it would constantly tell me that I should take it easy because the baseline was derived from when I was out hunting and my normal days are way more stressful.

The reset has yielded good results.

eltaco

WKR
May be worth a few minutes of your time to give product support a call. I’ve worn many Garmin watches over the years and can’t say I’ve ever encountered what you’re seeing. I’m sure they’d be willing and able to help you get on the right track.

I would reset it first.

My heart rate monitor was out of whack. It would say my resting HR was 90-100. Id check my HR manually and it would be 45-55.

I reset it and it’s been pretty accurate ever since. Maybe off by 3-4 beats.