Game bag question

Tradchef

WKR
I’ve been using Caribou and Black Ovis bags over the last 7 seasons between the two. Zero complaints and have packed out a lot of animals with both. No issues with durability or anything but what I was wondering is if there is another company that makes bags that don’t stick the meat to the bag material. If there’s any better options I’d love to hear about it.

Scott

The argali bags are a little slicker, and in general I like them way more them the caribou gear. But that's mostly do to the size.

But the sticking is mostly a side effect of getting a good crust.
If bugs are low pull the bags off over night and let the meat crust up.
If not just keep going over and pull the bag away is about the best you can do.

Gynaroo

FNG
I used caribou for the longest time. Loved them. Then I tried argali and the black Ovis ultra lite bags. Much lighter and same quality as caribou.

OP
Tradchef

Tradchef

WKR
Do they still stick to the meat like the caribou bags do? I was just curious if that’s just a thing with all of them or if some are better at that than others?

I tried the new Kuiu boned out meat bags this season and they worked well for me. I like they zip top duffel bag design and shape. It held the meat in a good packable shape and it didn’t pool or sag, brick like.

hwy1strat

WKR
I found these on Amazon and they have worked great. I’ve used the set I’m on now on at least 5 elk and they are still holding up great. They clean easily and they don’t let dirt in. So far, they’ve been every bit as good as my TAG bags. The only thing is they are huge. Order the deer size for elk

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do they still stick to the meat like the caribou bags do? I was just curious if that’s just a thing with all of them or if some are better at that than others?
For what it's worth, if you get sticking with any game bag including ours, if you put water on the bag, give it 15 seconds and it will cause the the meat to separate from the bag very easily.

rideold

WKR
I've been using the VIAM bags for a season now. Pretty happy with them. I didn't notice any sticking really. I didn't have the meat hung in the bags more than a half a day before I started butchering though.

I've had a set of Caribou bags (muley set) for what is probably close to five years now and they've had hundreds of animals in them. I'm hugely satisfied with how they have been holding up. They certainly look a little tired in some ways but are also good to go for another five years most likely.

I've also had some Argali bags for close to 12 months and they've been just as good.

in the mornings and the evenings just just pull bag off the meat and after a day or 2 once its gets a crust it wont scab on to the bag. That what i have done atleast with the Tag bags and have had any issues with a super stuck piece of meat.

Lawnboi

WKR
Caribou and black ovis are both down far on my list mainly because the meat sticks. They are also made overseas I know caribou has a nice big made in China tag on all the bags.

Argali is a great bag, dosnt stick to the meat nearly as much. Very light, takes up very little room. But also made overseas. I havnt wrecked argali bag yet which is surprising, Iv put Atleast a deer in them every year since they came out.

Bought kifaru a few years ago. Little more heavy duty. Big fan of them. Like most kifaru they seem to be designed with durability in mind rather than being super light weight. I’ll likely replace my caribou and black ovis with kifaru as they wear out.

I have not tried tag bags, can anyone comment if they are made in the US? Something I value when purchasing hunting gear.

I've been using the VIAM bags for a season now. Pretty happy with them. I didn't notice any sticking really. I didn't have the meat hung in the bags more than a half a day before I started butchering though.
The viam bags are a sleeper, crazy light and pretty durable. Only issue with them is the elk quarter bags are not big enough for roosies, I pretty much used them for deer after the first elk I used them on. It’s hard enough getting a big hind in a game bag by yourself and keeping it all clean, wasn’t fun wrestling the hinds into those bags

Argali have become my favorite, and I have tried about every meat bags made… I think argali nailed it

Overdrive

WKR
I just carry a 300' roll of siran wrap and wrap the quarters and loose meat. Keeps bugs out and keeps the meat clean and fresh.