G5 prime

tangsrud

FNG
Anyone on here shooting a G5 Prime?
I am looking at getting the Shift LR. The more I think about it the more excited I get!!!
For those that have shot a prime or who own one please share your experience and any photos of your set up.

J-Daddy

WKR
I test shot the Centroid when they came out at the ATA Show last year...I like them and I blew some arrows up at the shooting booth for them, lol. I've never got to shoot one really set up at long range but from what I hear that's where there really shine. I've had numerous guys say they are shooting some of their best long range groups ever with the PRIME bows...That cam design is cool, it looks weird but it seems to really work well and it feels pretty good too. I shot the Centroid & the Shift at the show but I shot the Centroid more cause I tend to like a little longer bow. At full draw neither had any sign of cam lean and they held really well. I'm impressed with them, fit & finish seems really good on them. Overall I'd say Prime did a heck of a job on them...Plus Dave Cousins is kicking butt with his Centroid.

sk1

WKR
wish i could answer your question, but i know ive wanted to shoot one bad for awhile.....problem is if i do that ill probably walk away with a new bow

heron163

FNG
I am using a Prime "Shift" this year. Spec.'s are 70Lb/28,5" draw RH. I am using a QAD drop away, and Hogg It Hunter 5 pin. I consider it an upgrade from the Bowtech Invasion set up pretty much the same. It (the Prime) is almost as smooth as the Elite Pure... now if I could get it in VIAS camp, it would be perfect:D
IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Picked up one back in March. A Shift LR 27"/70 lbs. right now pulls 72.8lbs. Shot it out to 70 yds and it it accurate. Waiting to put a differnent rest on it which should be soon.

B

bearguide

my son is using the centroid and loves it. i have shot it to many times and i feel like i need one now

OP
T

tangsrud

FNG
Yep, I should not have started this post! All this talk of the Prime and Heron163's pics are making it hard to hold out much longer!!!

For those that have set up their Prime, are there any tricks to getting the bow set up? I heard from one guy that he had a couple tricks that were unique from other bows he has owned.

The 2012 Line is a much better bow from a weight stand-point. We have a few guys using them in our area. I like the cam design and concept but I'd like to see if out on the market for a few more years and see where G5 takes their technology.

pronghorn

FNG
I guess I will provide the contrary opinion. I had one last year and just didn't gel with it. The bow was VERY top heavy and difficult to balance. It also felt like it was going to rip my shoulder out when I let down. It was well machined and seemed to be well engineered, but was not the bow for me.

OP
T

tangsrud

FNG
Speaking of re-stringing... Apparently, with a new bow purchase G5 gives you new strings every other year!

evan williams - Yes, I agree that it will be interesting to see how technology advances over the next couple of years.

wv

FNG
Had mine for about a month and love it. shooting better groups at longer distances. I shot both and bought the shift.