Fumoto Valve

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
The oil change got me thinking that I should go ahead and put one of these on my Ram 1500.

Anyone have any experience good or bad with them? With the filter being up in the engine bay it would make it a pretty clean process to change the oil.

Racer00

FNG
I have one on my 2020 Powerstroke. Works really well. Makes oil changes almost drip free if you are prepared. Mine has been trouble free so far.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Used them on multiple vehicles, they're great and never had an issue.

mthayr

WKR
Add another to the list of "works great, no issues" crowd - going on 5 years now

My Tahoe is pretty easy so I have never used one. I can change it with no drips or anything on my hands. Probably would be useful for some vehicles for sure

jimh406

WKR
I've used them on my diesel trucks since 2006 with no issues. It makes it far easier to drain the oil into gallon jugs since I can start/stop the flow easily.

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Great, looks like I'll install one next oil change!

Holocene

WKR
I got one with the nipple so that I can attach a piece of clear poly hose that drains right into an old oil jug.

Filter is up top in the engine bay, so oil changes are now a clean, fast affair.

This little device is beautifully made and now saves me a ton of time driving back and forth to dealership and waiting to get an oil change.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Side note, they're great for oil analysis as well. Currently driving gas but was in diesels the last 15 or so years, the fumoto is excellent for taking a quick sample to send off to Blackstone.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
Have had one on the bottom of my 4Runner for the past 15 years. 12 years of that in Montana. No problems with corrosion. Only problem is the little latch is inconveniently located due to the shape of my oil pan and location of my front diff. I could probably throw another washer in there to turn it a bit but turns out i don't care that much. Definitely worth the cost of admission.

Have had one on the bottom of my 4Runner for the past 15 years. 12 years of that in Montana. No problems with corrosion. Only problem is the little latch is inconveniently located due to the shape of my oil pan and location of my front diff. I could probably throw another washer in there to turn it a bit but turns out i don't care that much. Definitely worth the cost of admission.
I’ll probably get one ordered up for both vehicles if corrosion hasn’t been a problem. Location was a concern for a second but realized it will be pretty protected for a 09 silverado.

Geewhiz

WKR
Didn't even know they existed but now I want one. My only concern would be if the valve malfunctioned and drained all the oil out. Evidently thats not an issue?

LLRJ17

FNG
Didn't even know they existed but now I want one. My only concern would be if the valve malfunctioned and drained all the oil out. Evidently thats not an issue?
They have a very secure locking tab.

I used previously on two vehicles but then changed to using an oil extractor top side as their filter elements were easily accessible.

New vehicle has its filter housing on the bottom so will install a Fumoto during first oil change.

The oil drains a bit slower also.